Notices

Thread: MAG & 2030

Hybrid View

I'm not sure where we will be getting our fuel from though, all the petrol stations will be shut!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    I'm not sure where we will be getting our fuel from though, all the petrol stations will be shut!
    That’s true

I wonder if Bozo is just paying a bit of lip service to the tree huggers with the whole 2030 thing ?
    Everything else is shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    That’s true

I wonder if Bozo is just paying a bit of lip service to the tree huggers with the whole 2030 thing ?
    I agree i really can't see it myself, 10 years and all the infrastructure in place, including upgrade of power stations, charging points, disposal of batteries etc. They can't even fix the potholes, yet they are going to be ready for electric vehicles by 2030......i can hear it now our aim was 2030 but we never realised we did not have PPE oops wrong subject...
    Last edited by Dazr; 18-11-20 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
    .....i can hear it now our aim was 2030 but we never realised we did not have PPE oops wrong subject...
    Now that's more like it!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
    I agree i really can't see it myself, 10 years and all the infrastructure in place, including upgrade of power stations, charging points, disposal of batteries etc. They can't even fix the potholes, yet they are going to be ready for electric vehicles by 2030......i can hear it now our aim was 2030 but we never realised we did not have PPE oops wrong subject...

they reckon at the mo we ony have about 5-10% headroom with our electricity infrastructure so everyone all electric by 2030 ! and dont forget they are pushing electric boilers etc for homes and factories over gas etc. Not gonna happen !

i am not a fan of being "pushed" into something like an EV and will be one of the last to go there, however i would throw a curve ball and go hydrogen other than being forced down a battery EV PC route unfortunately filling stations are rare but increasing : battery EV charge time 2-9 hours (depending on charge point), range of around 140 miles. Hydrogen - filling time around 6 minutes and a range of 415 miles (hyundai nexo) much more like it and an 8 hour drive to scotland wont take 3 days.
    as for battery electric motorcycles, take our ridouts for example a trip to west bay would most likely use 90% of the charge (from swindon) then you would have to stay for a few hours to charge it to come home (with no detours) providing there are charge points available.

all that being said its only new vehicles not being sold and i think existing will be catered for for the life of that vehicle, fuels and parts etc although i can see the re-emergance of the good ol breakers yard
    If Voting Made a Difference, They Wouldn’t Let Us Do It

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    look on the roads, most cars are 10 years + old so IF they do (big if IMO) stop making petrol/diesel vehicles in 2030 then realistically come 2045 and beyond there will still be petrol stations open to run those cars, unless of course the whole country suddenly becomes affluent enough to spend 30 odd grand on a glorified milk float, which with the current situation seems sadly unlikely.