Notices

Thread: New Member

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post
    You've got to love the rain and the midges , it keeps the place semi- empty . I was last there in 2012 up the east over the top and down the West side . Did you manage to get over Applecross while you were there ?
    Yes mate, the Bealach? Went over twice because the first time I was leaning against the wind and the rain! Visibility was terrible too. But the second time it was fine and was able to enjoy the views and over to Skye.

Quote Originally Posted by Carver View Post
    Yes mate, the Bealach? Went over twice because the first time I was leaning against the wind and the rain! Visibility was terrible too. But the second time it was fine and was able to enjoy the views and over to Skye.
    Hi and welcome, I'm up to Jockland next week and hoping to take the bike if weather is half decent and meeting itinerary allows. I was there back in May and had 3 days riding the West coast and Skye (including Applecross) in glorious sunshine, not a cloud. I think next week may be a little different ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Hi and welcome, I'm up to Jockland next week and hoping to take the bike if weather is half decent and meeting itinerary allows. I was there back in May and had 3 days riding the West coast and Skye (including Applecross) in glorious sunshine, not a cloud. I think next week may be a little different ; )
    You had some luck there mate! I stayed for four days in the Kyle right next to Skye and was rained on every day except for the last afternoon. The day I left was totally clear and that's when I went up the Bealach again on my way to Ullapool. Loch Maree was beautiful that day. Have a good ride, you never know with the weather so the old cliche works - hope for the best but plan for the worst!

Hello and welcome