Notices

Thread: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4...

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Can I hire you out for a day to stand next to someone I don't like? Bad things are sure to happen to them ;D
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

2. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Hahaha xD does seem that way at the min tbh just hope my luck changes soon!

3. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    Can I hire you out for a day to stand next to someone I don't like? Bad things are sure to happen to them ;D
    I think they'd be safe and G3o would cop it!!! ;D

Seriously though, I admire you for sticking with this one dude. I think I'd have chucked it in the skip by now!!!! :P
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

4. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Got the bike back today! hopefully that will be the last time I'm without a bike for a while!

5. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Quote Originally Posted by NoYou
    Got the bike back today! hopefully that will be the last time I'm without a bike for a while!

...and the multitude gathered and as one shouted to the heavens 'Amen to that'
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

6. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Let us pray.....
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Just got back from the checkup at the hospital and I r not be brokeded!
    And ithey said I can't do any heavy lifting for a week or two but I need to excercise my wrist...
    So I take that as a doctors order to ride my bike as much as humanly possible!
    Not going to say no to that!
    Geo

8. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Exercise your wrist on the bike sounds like a good call!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

9. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    Platinum Member
    Running it in at the mo and having a few... not problems exactly just things I'm not sure about, thought id have an ask see if anyone has any ideas,
    Firstly there's black oil/petrol or somthings building up in the exhaust, my guess is unburt oil building up in the pipe and not getting burnt off because the exhaust isn't hot getting hot enough, IE just a side effect of running a 2smoke so slowly? Any other theorys?

Secondly it doesn't seem to like maintaining any rpm it accelerates through the revs cleanly, stuttering a bit between 5-6k rpm but that is fine if you give it a bit more throttle but if I hold it at any rpm, or open the throttle quite a small ammount, it splutters and coughs, don't know if its just what 2 smokes do at low rpm as I never really ran it low in the rev range before now! Could it just be the throttle cable needs adjusting?

And lastly if I shut off the throttle, as the bike slows down there a sort of fluttering noise coming from somwhere, I can't figure out where and its quite quiet, not sure if its a new noise or somthing I've just started noticing, haven't got a clue about this one so... Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Geo

10. Re: Bugger... highside is Bugger #4... 
    All sounds fine to me. Nothing you describe sounds bad. the oiling is more than likley due to the low revs, and the overrun is normal. It is amazing what you here when you are listening....