Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
All my bikes are insured with Adrian Flux and they email the Insurance Certificate which is accepted by the post office for tax purposes.
I will check with Lurkalot but I'm pretty sure we had to have the ORIGINAL for GWs.

Sorry if I confused things.
When I said about a printout I was being a bit tongue in cheek because we posted a FAKE that we don't think GWs would be able to spot in case the original from the insurer did not arrive on time.
(It's was real insurance but not the orignial copy).
Luckily the original had arrived in the post, so the fake was not required.

The issue is not with the PO insiting on original but with GWs (or was in Sept 2009 in the Honda section).
I don't know if anythign has chnaged so check for yourself.

I am not complaining BTW - if it's the law/guidelines then it's not GWs fault. Just warning people to check up front.
In accordance with AFRL (part of the DVLA taxing) they state the following
-Insurance must be valid on the day of registrationor in the case of advanced (March/Sept) from the 1st day of the month the licence comes intoforce
-Only accept an ORIGINAL form of insurance
-'photocopies,facismilies and PDF are NOT ACCEPTABLE'

So its not us - but as I said only recently are we able to accept emailed copies direct from the insurance companies direct to the AFRL team. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It really would make my life easier if we could accept faxes etc but we can't :-[
If you posted a fake copy but told us it was original who are we to know - but can easily spot faxed etc also we have to forward a copy to the DVLA so hopefully they won't notice a fake or could persue it further
So far I have only found Bennetts and Motorcycle direct won't email it!