Notices

Thread: Pick a thing, any thing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: Pick a thing, any thing. 
    Quote Originally Posted by noisy_lightning
    In November last year I tried on a £1400 1pc BKS Kangaroo race suit while my bike was been serviced. OMG that thing fitted and felt amazing. I would have that if it was not the very best part of all my months wages!
    It is probably a good a time as ever to have another look around for these as BKS were part of the Thomas Sports Group that went into administration (Motrax, Frank Thomas)

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

2. Re: Pick a thing, any thing. 
    Platinum Member
    I dont think BKS per se have gone out of business.....the made to measure stuff is still made down in Exmouth...although you might pick up some slightly lesser quality off the peg stuff, rather than the made to measure fancy stuff! (which is probably what you tried on perhaps?)

http://www.bksleather.co.uk/

Give Brian a call at BKS - he might have some good deals

3. Re: Pick a thing, any thing. 
    Hopefully Mr Sansom will continue to crack on with the leather gig.

I've always been impressed with the quality of the stuff he knocks out.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

4. Re: Pick a thing, any thing. 
    I'd quite like a turbo on the FZ1... :
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

5. Re: Pick a thing, any thing. 
    A really good set of waterproof leathers that look good for riding in when I've not got to get to work!

My current kit makes me look like a Michelin man because I need room for all my work clothes underneath, plus it's not very waterproof so I have to put a rainsuit on over the top - hello 27 extra lbs, goodbye figure
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

6. Re: Pick a thing, any thing. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Able
    I'd quite like a turbo on the FZ1... :
    ;D

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Pick a thing, any thing. 
    tank sprayed up!!! still not done

8. Re: Pick a thing, any thing. 
    Quote Originally Posted by lunalupi
    A really good set of waterproof leathers that look good for riding in when I've not got to get to work!

My current kit makes me look like a Michelin man because I need room for all my work clothes underneath, plus it's not very waterproof so I have to put a rainsuit on over the top - hello 27 extra lbs, goodbye figure
    Loops , I've had loads of waterproof kit and by and large the best gear I've used has been my issue goretex jacket and bottoms.... They may not look great but you can pick them up at any surplus store . If its stylish looking waterproof go anywhere gear Hein Gericke do a lot of nice womens bike jackets and bottoms , a lot of them have a goretex type membrane in them too

WB , I've seen the 3-1 can conversion for the SP3 and tbh it doesn't float my boat, I like the high seated exhausts if I'm honest , plus with me not taking pillions I don't have to worry about them burning their legs or bum too close to that can

9. Re: Pick a thing, any thing. 
    I have a two piece leather suit made to measure by BKS, I found Brian and the staff extremely helpful and Im made up with the suit, which may need altering as Ive lost weight. It was a lot of money, but if your my shape and size its made to measure is the way to go.

I have a two piece Rukka suit for cold wet conditions, which I wear if there is any hint of rain.

Im lucky I am able to afford these luxuries but I spent 30 years wearing a wide variety of cheap n nasty stuff that left me wet and cold.

In my experience you get what you pay for.

10. Re: Pick a thing, any thing. 
    Platinum Member
    I've had a think about what I'd have and it's going to be... a wad of notes. £2000 should cover it, that would get all the mods done I want to do, then tax, insure and MoT it and have enough left over for a year's petrol.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation