Notices

Thread: hid conversion to your bike??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: hid conversion to your bike?? 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooj
    You should be OK with a bike, if fitted well all the wiring is hidden away, especially on faired bikes, and it's very difficult for a tester who doesn't know bikes well to spot what's OE and what isn't. That's one of the reasons the law's implementation is being delayed.

I have half a car kit on the dip beam of the Falco (cost me £20!) and the difference in road illumination is literally night and day

It's got though each MoT so far, I don't get flashed by oncoming traffic, Plod have no issue with it. I'd say get one, even if the wise lawmakers want to visually cripple us in a couple of years, it's worth it until then.
    Agreed, although hiding 4 ballasts and burners on a GSA is impossible. I have had no interest from plod either plus the only bike I get flashed with is the old K1100RS which has the standard halogen headlight (at the moment ). MOT is up in a few months time so will give it a go.

2. Re: hid conversion to your bike?? 
    Well I might fit one if I see a cheep one ??

3. Re: hid conversion to your bike?? 
    i have one and - legal or not - have found there is much less tendency for other vehicles to pull-out on you etc.

If i ever get pulled by the police, i will be making this point!

Also i have not been flashed by vehicles coming the other way - the dipped 'cut-off' on the tdm is very good.