Notices

Thread: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Platinum Member
    Would love to boot them but need to stay chilled out!

2. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by swarwick
    [quote author=Iceman link=1210514065/15#28 date=1214929287]A "Considerate" driver pulled over to use his mobile"How nice of him and law abiding" but stopped right on the T-Junction forcing me to circumnavigate onto the opposite side"very dangerous there"!I beeped my horn to let him know of my presence but he was totally oblivious! Sigh........
    I see where you went wrong, if you need to get their attention the horn is usually useless, try a boot clad foot in the door panel![/quote]

Ah, I fitted a pair Stebals to my trusty steed, makes me jump when I press the button so hopefully they'll hear it too 8-)

3. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince
    [quote author=swarwick link=1210514065/15#29 date=1214932515][quote author=Iceman link=1210514065/15#28 date=1214929287]A "Considerate" driver pulled over to use his mobile"How nice of him and law abiding" but stopped right on the T-Junction forcing me to circumnavigate onto the opposite side"very dangerous there"!I beeped my horn to let him know of my presence but he was totally oblivious! Sigh........
    I see where you went wrong, if you need to get their attention the horn is usually useless, try a boot clad foot in the door panel![/quote]

Ah, I fitted a pair Stebals to my trusty steed, makes me jump when I press the button so hopefully they'll hear it too 8-)[/quote]
    That what im getting next month stebel magnum 136db low tone Ha Ha!!

At the mo the worst place for me so far is at the mini roundabout in Corsham by The Hare and Hounds pub from Bradford on Avon in the morning im averaging 3 a week this month on mobies or just not looking whats around them to the right for some reason they think all roads lead left to Chippenham

4. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Platinum Member
    Good Idea regarding those Horns.never thought of that 'till I saw your post.

5. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    I couldn't believe how weedy the BMW horn was. Worse than my VFR one was and that wasn't the best around. The only trouble is, as I don't often use the horn, I've still not got used to where the button is, I'm alright when I have the time to press it but in an emergency I fumble and *blink* *blink* *blink* d@mn LH indicator is there flashing away.

Got used to the indicators fairly quickly and now prefer, but the horn...still needs practise to hit the button without thinking to hard.
    So... if you hear boxer twin jugging along and a parp! parp! as I come round a tight corner on a country road, that'll be me practising :P