Notices

Thread: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Platinum Member
    ..........and signaling right manovere when exiting left (99% of drivers) on roundabouts! As a car driver as well I make a concerted effort to signal correctly and also don't relie on self cancelling as I need to adapt my driving to how I ride my bike ( by the highway code and good manners ). Another pet hate is the attitude of drivers ( manovere and oops,signal quickly ) I thought it was ( life saver glance,mirror,signal, then manovere)

2. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    At this point i'd like to add that divs on the motorways that signal then just pull out annoy me,
    JUST CUZ U HAVE UR INDICATOR ON DOESNT MEAN U HAVE RIGHT OFF WAY!!!
    thanku, rant over

3. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Platinum Member
    Just got back from George Whites.Approaching roundabout,saw car crossing at speed from oposite end then suddenly veere right!No signal! > I had to apply a real emergency stop!!!! Then I spent 10 seconds trying to gear down before pulling off while traffic accumalated behind me!
    All my spider senses are kicking in quickly now! 8-)

4. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Sue600
    Been sat all to often giving way to cars on roundabouts - who then suddenly turn off! I could have gone if they'd given some kind of indication and decent road positioning. >

5. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    ......or drivers that really think there gonna be quicker than you off the lights, we all do it creep to the front dont we?? well did this saturday at the lights at west ashton and the driver along side us thought he woul try and run us off the road !! > luckily enough i had the sense just to drop back and let him carry on. . . but was just a pleasure to whip past him on the following straight lol... with a few hand gestures from the good lady on the back of the bike :

6. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_zx6r
    ......or drivers that really think there gonna be quicker than you off the lights, we all do it creep to the front dont we?? well did this saturday at the lights at west ashton and the driver along side us thought he woul try and run us off the road !! > luckily enough i had the sense just to drop back and let him carry on. . . but was just a pleasure to whip past him on the following straight lol... with a few hand gestures from the good lady on the back of the bike :
    And a boot in the door panel from the rider?
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

7. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Platinum Member
    Saw an absolute plonker Today while sat at a roundabout. A white van enters roundabout to my right I assume attempting to go round when I see the mobile phone in his right hand.Suddenly he looks around as If to say "Oh where am I?" and swerves left momenteraly losing control of the steering wheel and nearly hits the exit central paving. After the van rocked a bit he carried on past me on the right! No signals,no allertness,no giving a damn for the law or anyone else on the road! Even If I took his number,what is the point?The police do nothing without an accident taking place.
    Incidentaly this is the 5th time Today I have seen someone daydreaming while on the mobile! >

8. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    I've just come back from 5 days track testing, err I mean touring in France. I have to say the standard of UK driving is very poor compared to the French. Every time I go over on the bike (3rd time this year!) I think the same.
    Being couped up on this little island with all it expanding speed limits and "safety" cameras doesn't help. Ppl are far more relaxed and don't seem to get wound up over there.

I'm fairly lucky in that my daily commute to Blandford is pretty quite most of the time. However I have seen most of the above in the many years I've been riding, mind you with my white Multitec & flouro jacket on seems to help a little

Be careful out there, they are out to get you!
    \v/

9. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Platinum Member
    A "Considerate" driver pulled over to use his mobile"How nice of him and law abiding" but stopped right on the T-Junction forcing me to circumnavigate onto the opposite side"very dangerous there"!I beeped my horn to let him know of my presence but he was totally oblivious! Sigh........

10. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman
    A "Considerate" driver pulled over to use his mobile"How nice of him and law abiding" but stopped right on the T-Junction forcing me to circumnavigate onto the opposite side"very dangerous there"!I beeped my horn to let him know of my presence but he was totally oblivious! Sigh........
    I see where you went wrong, if you need to get their attention the horn is usually useless, try a boot clad foot in the door panel!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...