Thread: o no mot time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: o no mot time 
    Platinum Member
    suzuki gsxr750w 1992

could he do the timing as well then

2. Re: o no mot time 
    Platinum Member
    i have a big favour to ask someone, i am going to buy all parts needed for my bike over the next few weeks, has anyone or your nabour but one mosser be able to help me with the work and show me how to do it in a garage or work shop or something plz wana try get it done in one or 2 days, if anyone can help plz let me know thanks

3. Re: o no mot time 
    when you say timing, do you mean balancing the carbs ?, he does that, and can setup the mixture as well.

If you mean ignition timing, i thought most of the more modern bikes were all timed by the ignition controller and non adjustable ?, but i might be wrong, he is capable of doing anything on bikes anyway, he used to race big bikes and has been working on them for 30+ years so knows loads more than i do, i just pop round when i see him working on a bike to do some learning myself !

But if you wanted to get him to do the work and be there to help out and learn, i'm sure it would be quicker and cheaper with you doing some of the work, and you would probably learn enough to do the basic servicing stuff yourself the next time around, and i would expect 1-1.5 days work should get it all done and ready for it re MOT and the road!

4. Re: o no mot time 
    Platinum Member
    thats great, next time you see him, can ya tell him bout my probs and see if he can give ya a price on the work and let me know mate, then i will let ya know ? still waiting for sjs to give me the bike back lol

5. Re: o no mot time 
    I asked him, and he said he can do the work, but not this week as he is doing a front end rebuild on a gpz500, he would like to see the quote you got from SJS to see what parts/work is needed, his prices are about half of a dealers prices, and unfortunately, he cannot let you help out with the work due to insurance issues, but is happy to collect and deliver back to you if you cant get the bike to him, but this is charged at 45p per mile both ways,

If you want to do a bit of the work yourself to help lower your costs, you can remove the fairings before he collects the bike, his rates are £19 per hour labour, and he expects you have about 10-12 hours work from a quick look at the list.

He is happy for you to supply some or all of the parts to do the work, and he can also supply any parts needed too, its your choice.

6. Re: o no mot time 
    Platinum Member
    wow thats great, i should be having the bike back 2day will speak to them about parts and will let ya know mate, thanks again

7. Re: o no mot time 
    Platinum Member
    o forgot to say carbs dnt need doing aparently they r ok on second look