Notices

Thread: Tyres

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Tyres 
    If you order a pair online (normally very good deals there Caz) you can get Ade at BikeAid to fit them for you for about £20 - £30 over in Trowvegas . Normally quite quick and helpful and you may get a word in edgeways while hes chatting too

http://www.nationalbiketyres.co.uk/p...s/cat_264.html one of many sites out there

2. Re: Tyres 
    try carson tyres on bowerhill melksham always given us a great deal ( dave the owner is a bike rider himself) 01225709335 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: Tyres 
    If you buy your tyres online, Phil Stokes in Westbury can fit them. Last time was £24 including carcass disposal to loose wheels. I don't know what he can supply and fit for.

4. Re: Tyres 
    Just wondering if the Protyre place is still in Westbury and whether they do bikes. Have previously used their unit in Gloucester who are able to do a very good deal plus there is an exceptionally good guy that does the fitting.....too far I know.
    Bob Missen in Melksham...Greg might be amenable to some negotiation if he's in a good mood
    and yeah CMC are capable of offering a good price. Not used Roundnblack but their prices are very competitive if the additional fitting isn't excessive.
    The lads at Melksham Tyres also will fit to loose wheels.
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

5. Re: Tyres 
    When I got the puncture on the eve of the Wales trip last June I phoned around and the best quote I got was from Micheldever Tyres - Dunlop Roadsmarts, 190/50ZR17 and 120/70ZR17, about £205 fitted - I took in loose wheels but they can remove wheels from the bike if need be. It's a big unit in a small village in the middle of nowhere between Andover and Basingstoke, good price and service though [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

6. Re: Tyres 
    Platinum Member
    Good for us in Newbury, but over an hour away from West Wilts. With the price of fuel at the moment, it'd probably be cheaper to pay a bit more but go local.
    www.shinybikesyndrome.co.uk - Protection through innovation

7. Re: Tyres 
    I tend to use Pheonix because I trust them. Would rather pay extra for piece of mind!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"