So there I was Christmas day morning on my way over to see family in Southwick, laden with presents in my nice little black Civic (Type R Chav Special) when looming up behind me a noisy Subaru Impreza storms, racing blue with graphics and a young chap in about the same age as my favourite pair of jeans.

He must have just got up as he hadn’t time to put his back-to-front baseball cap on yet and seemed impatient to get round me (my guess on the way to see what Santa had brought him in the way of Halfrauds go-faster stuff).

He obviously wanted to have a bit of fun (read “race“) but being a "man of maturity" I wasn’t drawn into it and simply went on at the legal speed limit (officer) 8-)

Now I’m not sure why, but he somehow wasn’t able to overtake me all the way to Southwick and I stayed in the lead (sorry, forgot myself, I mean in front of him) until the right hander into Southwick when he braked way early and admitted defeat [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

I triumphally turned into my destination, and seeing the compacted snow and ice there made the hasty decision to do a Jeremy Clarkson style handbrake turn 180 degrees to park up.

Well the first part went really well, the back end flew round (OK, a bit faster than I expected) but then things took on a bad turn. The front end lost traction, and rather than a gentle pirouette to park facing the right way, I slammed side on straight into the curb with a sickening metallic thump.
It was quite a pity, as when I put my nice new black alloys on less than a month earlier they really looked good !

So, apart from a puncture and two wrecked alloys I have a wine from the rear end that makes the car sound a bit like a Spitfire on a strafing mission, it sounds very expensive.

My replacement wheels are out of stock in the UK and they only sell them as a set, and I’ve yet to find out what the horrid noise was (is), as it’s parked up until I can get some wheels

What I should have done was 1) indicated left to let young gentleman round me and 2) pulled up on the ice in a slow, sensible and age befitting manner.

I write this as yet another warning about the dangers of mixing vehicles (two or four wheeled) and us men :-/

PS. sorry to the two ladies who witnessed my "parking" especailly the one who I briefly saw putting her hands over her eyes