Dear Sue,

As the culprit who started the thread I feel I ought to reiterate the point I was making and assure you that I was in no way unhappy with anybody in the group on any bike.

I’m far from being the quickest or most able rider in the group, and it was only two years ago that I was a new wobbler and really grateful of both the sensible pace and the great marker system.

I also remember the “surprises” I got when a big bike flew by me when I wasn’t expecting it (and as a newbie, it’s not often you are expecting it, as 99% of your focus is on what’s happening in front of you).

I was simply looking for a way of making our bigger ride-outs more fun for everybody involved, both the ones that like to press on down A roads, the ones that like to cruise on the lanes and all of us who like a natter at the other end.

It’s absolutely brilliant that we get new people in the club and as an ardent WB recruiter I’m really pleased when they join us on ride outs.

Part of what I was looking to do was to organise what’s happened before and what happened at the weekend, a split up of the group (OK, mainly so the buggers won’t go without me whilst I’m messing about in the car park) :-/

------

At the other end of the spectrum, I didn’t start this thread for anybody to knock other peoples riding, I’ve seen equally suspect overtakes from slower, as well as quicker riders - being honest, I’ve done them myself and put it down to my inexperience and youthful enthusiasm, and I hope I learn from them.
My dear Dad used to say “you get old motorcyclists and bold motorcyclists, but you don’t get old, bold motorcyclists” and I keep these words in mind (and he still reads the forum sometimes)

Nelly, good point about “The Law” I’ve often suspected a tall guy on a Daytona was an undercover FBI type, I remember in Wales he was trying to get me to go over 60 so he could pounce - but I resisted 8-)

Gerry