Hello everyone, I am Mike, I am 28 and I just got myself a 2010 gsxr 1000 and feeling pretty happy about it.

Right well a bit of history, i actually got into all this going fast malarky from driving my mates RX8 and watching the fast and the furious. I was looking for a an MR2 Turbo but i ended up getting a 1995 Celica gt4 st205, which has the same engine as the mr2. I ended up rebuilding the whole engine and upgrading it myself plus a bigger turbo and all sorts of other stuff. The car ran over 420bhp but in the end with petrol going up it was just too expensive to run, everytime i got in it, it cost me a 10er. I ended up selling it to some guys who drove over from switzerland for it.

I then had some spare dosh and decided to do my bike test this year, i picked it all up pretty quickly as i used to ride a bike when i was 16/17 on my cbt plus i have had off roaders.

I got myself a 2003 ZX9R F1P and to be honest, its a great bike i must admit, very comfortable, plenty of power, its a great street bike.

After a few months i wanted something more up to date and i got taken in by this litre fad haha, plus i understand direct injection a lot better than carbs. I decided i wanted either a cbr or a gixxer, i must admit i was leaning heavily towards the cbr. Now i am not really spiritual or religious but i lost my dad to cancer last month and on that journey EVERYTHING was telling me to turn around and go look at the gixxer, which is what i did. I would like to think it was that old git up there telling me this haha.

When i got on the gixer, obviously in reviews it says its the biggest of the 4 litre jap bikes but i couldn't believe how small it was, if i got on anything smaller i think i would have been scared, it was like riding a piece of paper compared to the 9.

In terms of my location well, I am from Middlesbrough but i am based in Cornwall as I am an aircraft engineer in the Navy. However i have just been promoted so i am doing a course in Portsmouth for 11months, so if anyone is riding around there then that is where i will be till July. I am back most weekends unless i am seeing my girlfriend as my mum lives in Burbage near Marlborough. Looking to meet up with some of you guys and go on some rideouts.

If you see me out I am on a black GSXR 1000 WR10 licence plate. I wear black frank thomas one piece leathers, black helmet with 2 stripes on with smashed helmet graphics, white RST race gloves and black daytona boots. I would show you my past bike and car but it won't let me post my image links.

I suppose i should come clean and make myself look a right tit. Yesterday was about to go into Tidworth when my engine cut out and it was saying check on my dash, so i instantly thought the bike has a major snag. Within 5 minutes BB and her husband pulled up and directed me towards my kill switch haha. I felt so stupid but it made me life, was really nice to meet you guys although quite briefly, really glad you stopped. It was that check sign on the dash that made me not think of the killswitch, thats my excuse :-D

Mike