I've been following the story surrounding the riders refusing to race at Motegi with some interest. I support the riders right to not go to a place they feel could be compromised. And the report commisioned by Dorna (who stand to lose a lot of money & sponsorship if the race doesn't go ahead, or goes ahead without the top 4 riders) probably isn't worth much to the riders. It wouldn't be the first time a scientist has compromised his findings in return for fame/fortune/money... Am I being too cynical? Possibly.

But now Honda have said that cancelling Stoners contract could be on the cards if he refuses to race, we'll see if the riders are going to stick to their guns, or race against their will. Or indeed if Honda actually have the balls to get rid of their star rider if he does refuse.

By that point, Stoner could easily be far enough in the lead that he doesn't actually ned to race at Motegi to win the championship... The other manufacturers have yet to comment but Lorenzo had also said he wouldn't race there...

Japan has a slightly chequred history for covering up information about their disasters, and there has been some concern about what info has been released this time, and it's accuracy or fullness of fact.

As a rider, I guess they have to ask 'The risk may well be small, but is it a risk worth taking?'