Notices

Thread: Moto Corsa - Gone, but Cafe back again

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Moto Corsa - Gone, but Cafe back again 
    Have gone into liquidation, shame
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Chatterbox
    No way
    There’s been a few vague social media posts from them last few days.
    Bummer…
    Everything else is shyte

It's official, reopening service centre as some other name but Gillingham finished.

That was a good cafe too
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Oh rollocks, I thought something was up as they were closed when I popped over Thursday to try and return a helmet I had bought for me lad that didn't fit him, fleabay beckons for that. More annoyingly I only two weeks ago bought a second hand V85 from them and they agreed to fit a pair of genuine Guzzi heated grips as part of the deal but leadtime for them to come in was a few weeks. Looks like it'll Oxford items for me now.
    Pity as they had a good range of manufacturers, usually one or two interesting second hand bikes and even their kit wasn't silly prices, and of course for the fair number of bods employed not only in the dealership but in the cafe. They won't be the last sadly given the ever worsening economy.

Hopefully the service centre will continue, they've been looking after Guzzis for years and one of the few main dealers I trust with my bike.

Oh dear... I wasn't a regular visitor but it was a nice destination with a good cafe. I'm not fully au fait with their product range but aside from Enfields it appeared to be largely high end stuff. Potentially a weak business model without the regular turnover of smaller capacity bikes to keep the money coming in. They weren't big enough to have the volume clout and discount potential of Blade or Fowlups.
    Another avenue of choice blocked off, sorry for the staff and I hope that no customers were left out of pocket.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Oh dear... I wasn't a regular visitor but it was a nice destination with a good cafe. I'm not fully au fait with their product range but aside from Enfields it appeared to be largely high end stuff. Potentially a weak business model without the regular turnover of smaller capacity bikes to keep the money coming in. They weren't big enough to have the volume clout and discount potential of Blade or Fowlups.
    Another avenue of choice blocked off, sorry for the staff and I hope that no customers were left out of pocket.
    I always thought they had a good spread, Enfield, KTM, MV, Aprilla and Guzzi + always some decent second hand stuff. I would have thought that with the cafe they would have had better cash flow than many other dealers but you never know how a business is structured, financed or ran from the outside so perhaps it wasn't totally market driven that they closed.

Bath Rd. motorcycles in Bristol have closed due to the council making it impossible to park any where near and moving a bus lane to their side of the road (A4)
    I only have one vice…I lie.

On the Cafe Corsa website it says they were reopening the cafe on Weds 3rd August.
    Ducati Diavel Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Ade View Post
    On the Cafe Corsa website it says they were reopening the café on Weds 3rd August.
    Yes, I believe it did. LT was on FB earlier, he was there today

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Yes, I believe it did. LT was on FB earlier, he was there today
    Yep
    Cafe is back up & running.
    Breakfast still delicious.
    The main showroom area is separated off from the cafe. Lots of KTMs still there but deffo out of bounds.
    Everything else is shyte