Notices

Thread: weekly meets

1. weekly meets 
    Hello all,
    been away for awhile. Where & when do we meet.
    Cheers. Alistair.

Very good question Alistair... About four years ago, after returning to the area my wife and I organised a bit of a one-off do at the Fox & Hounds on the east side of Devizes. It was quite a success, a number of people I hadn't seen in years came along, and the idea was that there would be enough momentum generated and people would be interested in restarting a bit of a social scene - we weren't in it to become the social secretaries of WB, and nobody else expressed any interest in organising anything further. Indeed, on Facebook the same old sentiments were being expressed along the lines of "When's the next one? A ride-out beforehand would be good..." - plenty of sheep, happy to be spoon-fed their social life, nobody else prepared to make the effort to actually do anything. Later that summer, or possibly the following year we tried again, setting up a night at the Three Magpies at Sells Green - about six of us turned up to that one, and the idea was canned.
    I don't know when you were previously around the WB scene Alistair, but it peaked around 2010-12, before the rot of Facebook set in and the vibrant scene that we did have going just faded away.
    If, however, you wanted to give it a shot then why not have a go; organise a venue, post on here and on the WB Facebook page and you never know, you could be the guy credited with the rebirth of the WB weekly meet-up.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

The 'Harp and Crown' had a few when I went. Defunct now. Vid of some Brsitol folk somewhere
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    The 'Harp and Crown' had a few when I went. Defunct now. Vid of some Brsitol folk somewhere
    Vid now in 'Event Reviews'.
    I only have one vice…I lie.