Notices

Thread: Goodbye Yellow Brick Roadster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Goodbye Yellow Brick Roadster 
    Insurers garage rang this morning...

WRITE OFF
    Last edited by Burbler; 12-01-22 at 05:21 PM.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Chatterbox
    Is that pair of words not supposed to have ‘You can fcuk’ before it ?

Is the write off preferable to you Burbs or would you rather tend to the Roadster ?
    Last edited by Last Train; 12-01-22 at 05:00 PM.
    Everything else is shyte

Is it worth buying back & fixing Burbs? or you just going to let it go and find something else?
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Couldn't contemplate doing repairs myself. Can hardly get upstairs still. Am on multiple pain killers and awaiting MRI scan.

Possibly never get leg over again
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Sorry to hear Larry but at least you will have some cash from the write off, maybe just maybe you will get another bike! If not hope stay on the forum and hope you feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
    Sorry to hear Larry but at least you will have some cash from the write off, maybe just maybe you will get another bike! If not hope stay on the forum and hope you feel better soon.
    ^^Wot he said^^
    Maybe look at getting a scooter of some sort. They seem pretty good nowadays. Hope you feel better soon mate.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Maybe look at getting a scooter of some sort. They seem pretty good nowadays.
    Thats what iv had to do, iv still got the triumph and the cruiser (because I can’t bear to sell em)but the only bike iv been able to ride for the last year and for the foreseeable future is the little Vespa 250, to be honest I actually rather like it and it genuinely does give me my “bike fix”.

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger-Roy View Post
    Thats what iv had to do, iv still got the triumph and the cruiser (because I can’t bear to sell em)but the only bike iv been able to ride for the last year and for the foreseeable future is the little Vespa 250, to be honest I actually rather like it and it genuinely does give me my “bike fix”.
    Yep,it doesn’t matter what you ride, it’s all about the hit.

Everything else is shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    Yep,it doesn’t matter what you ride, it’s all about the hit.

Sure is

So sorry to hear that Larry, both the theft and your health issues. Like some others have said, maybe try a smaller bike, I know it's easy for other to underestimate the problems some have and suggest 'easy fixes' so apologies if this sounds like that. I'm fortunate to have the choice of a few bikes and end up on one of my smaller/slower bikes for 80% of my riding, somehow they just seem more fun.

Message me if you want to chat about some of the bikes i have and maybe I can pop up with one in the van for you to try