Notices

Thread: 18 !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 18 ! 
    Chatterbox
    That’s how many days, already !, since the shortest, darkest of bleak, dark & dreary days has passed.

Roll on the Spring baby
    Everything else is shyte

While I admire your optimism Kev, I fear that we have the worst of it yet to come, it hasn't been properly cold yet (down here near the coast I've only had to scrape the car windscreen twice all winter!). The days are imperceptibly increasing in length, which is only a good thing, but road bike hibernation is not going to be interrupted for quite a while yet.
    Still, we had an ace day out on the off-roaders with Jaydee on Sunday, who knew that deep ruts and Somme-like mud could be so much fun?
    Happy New Year everyone :-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Kev like the positive outlook, roll on spring. My bikes are still in hibernation but looking forward to first meet up in spring!!!

Himself has been out off road twice since Christmas and we have both been out twice on road bikes. The only problem at the moment is the amount of crud on the road necessitating a rise off of the bikes when home. But at least no salt on them yet.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

That's a good point no salt on the road yet, often think maybe a cheap off road bike would be a good thing to keep riding through the winter... maybe one day.

Out again today on the Himmy, bloody chilly though and glad I had wired up a supply to my heated Keiss waistcoat. On another note, roads very mucky so it's Himmy only for now as I realllllly can't stand cleaning bikes and the Himalayan is the only bike I know that increases in value when it's dirty ; )

My mind could have been made up for me.

The other morning I was awakenened by hammering on my door at about 0300. 3 scrotes were attempting to nick my bike, a neighbour had turned up and comfronted them. They had cut 2 chains and a disc lock, but missed a third chain. They tried to wheel it down the road buy it fell over and they gave up and ran.

2 or 3 bits of fairing damaged, clutch lever snapped. One indicator smashed and handle bar bent. Gear lever bent under bike, not sure what else. Being collected by insurers on Tuesday.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Chatterbox
    Muck Fee Burbs

That is some hefty s.h.i.t.t.y stick you’ve had hold of.

Good grief !

What on earth did you get up to in your previous life ????
    Last edited by Last Train; 09-01-22 at 09:17 PM.
    Everything else is shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post

The other morning I was awakenened by hammering on my door at about 0300. 3 scrotes were attempting to nick my bike, a neighbour had turned up and comfronted them. They had cut 2 chains and a disc lock, but missed a third chain. They tried to wheel it down the road buy it fell over and they gave up and ran.

2 or 3 bits of fairing damaged, clutch lever snapped. One indicator smashed and handle bar bent. Gear lever bent under bike, not sure what else. Being collected by insurers on Tuesday.
    Bloody hell, sorry to hear this Burbs, as LT said, what did you get up to in a previous life to deserve all this sh*t!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post

Oh no sorry to hear this but at least they did not get away with your bike, hope you get the outcome you want from the insurance company.