Notices

Thread: Terrible situation with parking in old town!

1. Terrible situation with parking in old town! 
    I work up in old town and outside the office we have an offroad car park. I've put my bike in there every day for over 6 months and had no issues whatsoever, I've even spoken to the traffic wardens who had no issue with the bike being in there.

Today, my colleague bought a bike and parked it in there for the very first time and got a parking ticket! I caught the warden doing it and asked him his reasonings, and rather than talk to me, he got in his car and left mid question.

I phoned up the council outraged and they claimed the following:

"We expect any motorbike who is using a car bay to purchase a pay and display ticket and keep it on their person, and when they receive a parking notice, they should appeal the case with a photo of the ticket purchased."

The offroad car park doesn't even have allocated bays! It's purely just an offroad bit of mud/gravel.

They expect bikers to have to appeal a parking fine EVERY DAY, and said this is the recommended practice.

Absolutely speechless. Not sure where to put my bike tomorrow now either.

Banned
    Do you work at AppsBroker? I did see a bike in the 1/2 size space in the small car park by the Locarno, in fornt of the one I think you mean. Did think he may be taking a chance. There are two sections of mc parking in the hoopers place car park one is quite large and near the path by Barclays to get you on the high street. The smaller bit is near the back of pig on the hill but only takes about 3 bikes.

Tell them to **** off, let it get to bailiffs, tell the bailiffs to **** off - the the only power they have is what you give to them.. it gets referred back to the council - then written off. Did you cause an obstruction or a danger? Then you have nothing to be fined for!