Notices

Thread: It lives!!

1. It lives!! 
    Thanks to the wonderful guys at Hitchcocks my Royal Enfield has roared (well chugged) back into life. They had a 2nd hand CDI for 100 quid (320 new), ordered it yesterday, arrived today. Couldn;t wait to try it on the bike tonight, engine management lit up and pumped fuel all over me (left the pipe of the tank when I dismantled it 4 months ago!).

A couple of kicks and burst into life, just spent 2 hours putting everything back together and retaping the wiring I had ripped apart to check for burnt wires and tomorrow it will be ready for a test ride but it's started first kick several times now so certain all is okay. Now need to change the bloody horrendous exhaust as I intended to in March.

Excellent. Must've been killing you not being able to take it out in all this nice weather.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post
    Excellent. Must've been killing you not being able to take it out in all this nice weather.
    TBH I bought it to use in the muck & cr*p in the winter and, with a few other bikes for dry weather use, I wasn't missing riding the RE but now it's fixed I can't wait to try it out around the back lanes this weekend and even contemplating taking it for the Sunday morning ride instead of the Gixer - weird!