Notices

Thread: MAG protest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. MAG protest 
    http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...ies/25253.html

What do you think, will this help drivers to stay alert, take away the percentage of idiot/bad Riders that contribute to these stats there is still a large number of drivers who can't or don't see us, or too busy on the phone - I even waved to one this morning on a roundabout - she couldn't indicate due to having a more important conversation on the phone.
    I think we have been forced to ride VERY defensively to take into account the sloppy drivers out there which seem to get worse every year, will this demo from MAG make a difference?

I think if you drive over a cyclist these days you are almost certain to be going to prison - Rant start: blinking lycra lardies thinking they own the road and can ride side by side but anything goes wrong and it's somebody elses fault - Rant over... I'm all for cyclist, in a cycle lane on a slow and wide road, not a cycling route of twisting country lanes at national speed limit only wide enough for 2 cars. Can't stand them myself but not all their fault and deviating from the topic...

Sounds like a good idea, I also like the idea of raising awareness for young riders to get into biking, its more eco friendly then cars and maybe then they'll stop harping on about crap electric cars....

Don't think it will make any difference - not many bikers take any notice of MAG let alone car drivers. Still, if you want a day out riding in a mass group through a city then it's worth a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Don't think it will make any difference - not many bikers take any notice of MAG let alone car drivers. Still, if you want a day out riding in a mass group through a city then it's worth a punt.
    Yep agreed

Banned
    I was watching a woman texting while driving the other day, luckily her baby was fast asleep in the back

As for those twats in lycra

What surprises me with the lycra loons is how bloody fat a lot of them are plenty of fit buggers too....all a complete pain especially two a breast ...... mmmmm talking of 'breast' some of the laydees in lycra are ummmm shall we say pleasant tolerable viewing
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

I don't want to get all deep on you but aren't we all sharing the same piece of Tarmac?
    The reason cyclists ride 2 abreast is so vehicles have to overtake them like any other form of road user rather than squeezing past and knocking them off.
    If you don't like it, get off the road because that's the law.

As for the protest. It might help but I'm sure it'll be met with the attitude of "bloody lard assed, leather clad bikers. Think they own the road...."etc

If only everyone was as tolerant and understanding as us lovely bikers eh?

Banned
    Trouble is most of us also drive cars so we could be making things worse for ourselves.
    THE Motorcycle Action Group is planning demonstrations in nine UK cities over what it sees as unacceptably lenient sentences for drivers who kill motorcyclists.
    I'm sure the government is watching this with great joy and will be happy to bring in new punishments

As for cyclists riding two abreast on small country roads, how fecking stupid can they be?

Quote Originally Posted by wiltshire builders View Post

If only everyone was as tolerant and understanding as us lovely bikers eh?
    With that in mind have to say this is one of THE best road safety adverts I think I've ever seen, saw it on TV last night -

Last edited by QB1; 14-07-14 at 10:27 AM.

Why is there no bus and taxi drivers included in this advert, are they always happy