For me this has been quite a weekend. The first proper playtime since passing my test in November and it's been quite a learning curve. Too my son pillion again and found it to be a much more relaxing experience this time. I think we were both feeling happier about it and despite me saying we would only be going round the block omce we were moving I decided sod it, keep rolling!

In yesterday's dry weather I was feeling so confident I tackled a couple of junctions on the motorway (without boy pillion, he was on the back of someone else for this), which to be honest wasn't a problem at all and I felt fine. Noticed how going past a lorry can give you a good old suck and blow (which in some circumstances can mean the same thing ) having only done motorway on a bike as pillion before I never really appreciated how this feels as a rider but soon learned head down, throttle on seemed to be the best option. I even learned what my 'power band' is all about!

Despite my riding coming on so well yesterday I got back out today and after twenty minutes in the battering wind and rain I had to stop by the side of the road to have a cigarette and assess wtf had happened to my riding?!?! It was shocking! Fortunately, I was out with a twenty-year experienced rider who told me to sort my sh1t out and get the f**k on with it (in the nicest possible way). In reflection I know the only difference was a bit of rain and my confidence is growing steadily. Just need to stop over thinking it. After a pub lunch the journey back from Gloucester was wet and windy but much better.

All in all been a fantastic weekend and I feel I have improved greatly.. Just need more sunshine to keep getting out there and progressing. Saw some bikers around yesterday so managed to practice my nods too.

Hope everyone had a fab weekend regardless of how many wheels you were on.

Ps. What's the etiquette with nodding to scooters? As far as I'm concerned two wheels is two wheels but some seemed unwilling to nod back. Is there something I don't know?

Mel
1662089_10152214317768290_799617459_n.jpg
Mine is NOT the pink one!! Lol