Notices

Thread: vertically challenged

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. vertically challenged 
    Just browsing the net and found your web site. Just about to enter the world of biking and planning to do my CBT next month. Unfortunately I am new to this biking lark and wondered if anyone can give me any info on what type of bike i should be looking for once I have past my test for a very petite verticaly challenged female of 5ft. Obviously height and width is an issue!!!

2. Re: vertically challenged 
    Stu
    Hi and welcome to the site.

As for bikes it depends what type of riding/ style of bike you want.

Best bet is to pop along to your local dealer and have look and sit on any you like to see if you fit.

3. Re: vertically challenged 
    Thanks for that. By the way did you post that picture of the babe that was attached with your reply??

4. Re: vertically challenged 
    Stu
    that picture is always there! I added it to my signature

5. Re: vertically challenged 
    Hi and welcome to Wiltshire bikers. Hope to meet you soon. good luck with the CBT - keep us posted!

We have had discussions on here about bike height for us girls before as we vary greatly in height, leg length as well as physical strength etc. You do need to do the rounds & sit on as many different bikes as you can to get the feel of them and get what you feel comfortable on. I'm collecting an FZ1 later this week and had to have a lowering kit fitted as I'm only 5'2', but I also have older, lower, lighter stuff in the garage.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: vertically challenged 
    welcome, good luck with the CBT...remember to have fun as it's usually a really enjoyable day
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: vertically challenged 
    Thanks for that. i need to do some more research into this stuff obviously though its a bit scary when you have no knowledge and relying on others to guide you. When you say hope to meet soon where do you meet ?

8. Re: vertically challenged 
    a lot of people form here usually go up to the Lysley Arms near Chippenham on a Monday evening - the main bike meets have finished for the summer now but a fair few people continue to go during the winter

we also try to arrange rides every now and then so we can all meet up

oh and there's the red lion at avesbury on a wednesday night which is quite popular!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

9. Re: vertically challenged 
    Hi Hippy welcome to WB and enjoy the banter!

10. Re: vertically challenged 
    Platinum Member
    Hi yer Hippychic, nice to see you'v been given a good welcome, you should listern to BB, she's been about a bit and sat on lots of bikers :-? :-[ oops OMG she'll kill me, I ment BIKES, anyway big welcome and good luck.