Notices

Thread: Standard bike test coming up!! (This Thursday)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Standard bike test coming up!! (This Thursday) 
    Hello everyone,
    I'm new to the bike scene. I have loved and admired bikes since I can remember but never really trusted myself to ride one.
    Anyway I've convinced myself that I'm a little more sensible, have little more road sense to get started.
    I've been riding a XR125 and a CG125 for around 4 - 5 months now come rind, rain, or shine everyday to commuting from Calne to Chippenham. I'm now ready to take the next step and have booked my standard bike test that I'll be taking on my CG.

This will be my third attempt at taking the test. First one I was knocked off my bike the day before by a car changing lanes without looking, Second time I spent all day doing manoeuvres in the rain, got there to be told it was to wind to conduct the test. I think the best I can hope for this time is that I actually get to take the test.

Fingers crossed I pass though I really want to get on my CB250 now I have it. Anyone got any last minute advice...?

2. Re: Standard bike test coming up!! (This Thursday) 
    Diamond Member
    Yeah relax....
    Also when you do the u-turn watch were you are going to go to and not the front wheel.
    Dont forget your safty checks, and also your life savers.

Others than that Good luck.

3. Re: Standard bike test coming up!! (This Thursday) 
    Platinum Member
    As igbell says just relax, and good luck, please keep us informed.

4. Re: Standard bike test coming up!! (This Thursday) 
    Relax & good luck. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] and if you do make a mistake just recover & carry on. A good examiner should look sypathetically on a minor mistake provided you recover it successfully & competantly. Keep us posted!
    With my bike I am complete.

5. Re: Standard bike test coming up!! (This Thursday) 
    good luck mate, just try to ride like you would on any other day (well...within reason )
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

6. Re: Standard bike test coming up!! (This Thursday) 
    Diamond Member
    GOOD LUCK! 1st round is on you at the party to celebrate! Its a site tradition.... Honest!! Just starting it today!

7. Re: Standard bike test coming up!! (This Thursday) 
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I really do hope I pass, I’m confident in my riding and have got my manoeuvres down but you never know what will happen on the day.

If I do pass tomorrow, and providing I would be welcomed on a meet / ride out on my old CB250, I would be happy to get a round in for the above. Thanks again guys and gals I’ll let you know how I get on.

8. Re: Standard bike test coming up!! (This Thursday) 
    Good luck with it!

9. Re: Standard bike test coming up!! (This Thursday) 
    Diamond Member
    Dont do like I did and get caught behind a rubbish truck on a one way street and a single lane road, so half of the time I was sat behind a truck

10. Re: Standard bike test coming up!! (This Thursday) 
    Platinum Member
    You have nice weather for a test even if the roads are a little greasy thanks to the salt and pigs p!ss mix they apply (or as safecoat call it salt and animal by-products)

Calne CB Rider, I’m sure you would be more than welcome to any Wiltshire Bikers meet, We are all keeping our fingers crossed for you today.

Taff