Hi everyone, I posted here last year when I was having problems with my Yamaha xj900 trike. Thankfully everything is sorted now and its gone through its Class III test.
Thanks again to everyone who offered help & advice.
NOW I've been told it has to go thru the MSVA test as I ( idiot ) did'nt notice it was still registered as a bike so it has to have a new reg - hence the test.
I've been through the test manual and I'm confident she will go through but the trike has to have an immobiliser fitted.
I have argued the toss with VOSA that a bloody good chain and lock will do the job just as well but no luck. They are adamant the trike has to have electronic protection.
I bought an immobiliser with remote start but despite titanic efforts by a trike builder friend of mine could not get it to fit the Yamaha.
My ignition switch only has two wires (+12v in to the switch and +12v out to the ignition) so had two extra wires from the kit with nowhere to go and the suppliers went rather queit when I contacted them for advice.
Can anyone advise a local (between Cirencester and Swindon) workshop who may be able to fit an immobiliser to my trike, OR suggest an immobiliser I can fit myself (one with pictures in the instructions!!! hehehe)
I'm not fussed about remote start or talking alarms, just a basic system to get me through the test.
My trike saga has been dragging on since Feb 07 and I really need to get on the road soon!
Thanks