Notices

Thread: fireblade sounds like bag of nails

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    i bought my 900firebalade couple of days ago, when the bike is not engaged in to a gear or the clutch is pulled in, it sounds lovely. But when im riding along accelerating there is a loud noise and only way 2 describe it is as a bag of nails, but soon as u pull clutch in the noise stops. any help would be much appreciated. sean

2. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    Platinum Member
    What year is yours?

Mine done that when the cam chain tensioner had gone - is the rattle from the top of the engine? Not an expensive fix if it is and quite common on blades

3. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    Hi

It's a '96 model, not 2 sure where the noise is coming from. Will get it looked at.

Thanx

4. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    If it was rattling like that and I had only bought it a couple of days ago I personally would take it straight back! >

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    If it was rattling like that and I had only bought it a couple of days ago I personally would take it straight back!
    BB
    He bought the bike for a good price in the first place as he wanted it, so spending some money on it is feasible. I think the noises may be clutch related as the Fireblade 900s were known for it from sources on fireblade.org

6. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    thats rite i got it at a very good price indeed, just wish i could pin point wot it is making the noise, best bet is get it into a garage

7. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    Fair enough in that case - I'm sure we have an 'expert' or two on here willing to have a listen.

Let's hope you gamble pays off and all your bills are little ones! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

8. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    lets hope some 1 is looking down on me hey... :

9. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    Platinum Member
    Whereabouts are you in Swindon?

Iceman - just remembered I have that horn thing still - I'll be going by the Chinese Exp about 5.30 tomorrow night if thats any good 4 you

10. Re: fireblade sounds like bag of nails 
    I'm in town centre of Swindon. I'll let my father-in-law know (Iceman) about wot time you'll b going down chinese exp.