Notices

Thread: number plate mot failure

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. number plate mot failure 
    Can anyone help me with this...
    Ive jus been told in order to pass an MOT you now need some sorta postcode and other bs standard markings on the bottom right of a number plate.
    Does anyone know if this applies to cars/bikes made after a certain date? As i need to get my tin can in for MOT and dont really want to fork out for a new number if unnecessary.
    (my numplate is not the original btw)

2. Re: number plate mot failure 
    sorry mate i do belive that a bs marking and postcode of where the number plate was mead is needed but there are sites that will do number plates and the advertisement is small enough that it still passes an mot. hope this helps if not goto the dvla website and type in mot and look on there for the pre-requisite for mot's

3. Re: number plate mot failure 
    Sue600
    Dont fancy changing mine on the car - cost would be more than the car is worth!

4. Re: number plate mot failure 
    Mine just says "www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk" along the bottom and passed ok 2 weeks ago. I do think what you said is right, but just not sure testers are enforcing it harshly just yet
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: number plate mot failure 
    Sue600
    I'll check tomorrow if and when they will enforce it - work right opposite an MOT place

6. Re: number plate mot failure 
    fudges MOT is due tomorrow (wednesday) so will be able to confirm!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

7. Re: number plate mot failure 
    I can clarify this for you.
    No you dont need the post code or the BSAU number on the bottom of the number plate.....but you will soon. However it will need to be a standard size number plate(depending on how the tester is feelin i guess)
    VOSAthe people who run the MoT scheme for the goverment did introduce testing standards for bike number plates to fall in line with the car mot, however the mot testing guide is a manual based on road traffic legislation and standards....
    They did fully introduce the number plate checks and tehn a week later had to withdraw them as someon in there legal department pointed out that there is no requirment on a bike to have the post code and bsau number, also a few other things like the back ground and coulour of the plate.
    This is due to the road traffic act being so out of date woth regards to bikes its a waste of time....

So in short just a legal size plate will do

8. Re: number plate mot failure 
    Sue600
    Thanks Gav... no need to change mine then

9. Re: number plate mot failure 
    My other half just took his bike into a place nr marlborough and they failed him on it.
    He had to go and by another plate and they re did the MOT for free.

10. Re: number plate mot failure 
    bikerbabe
    oh right are you still with keegs then chan? i am on the nosey for new number plates at the mo for my wheels just seeing what is out and about .