Quote Originally Posted by igbell
Or you could contact one of the suspension companys and ask about set ups and so will help for a small cash price and then set them up for you with you on the bike, did you buy it from a Garage or local sale?? cos you could take it back to the garage and ask about settings.....
Also you could just lower the front forks by a couple of MM, take the measurment first and then lower the front a little at a time and go for a ride each time to see if this has done it, also have you tried upping the rear as it stands at the mo without a riser kit???
I would play with the bike as it sits first and then try other kit after all the playing has been done.....
I agree, a Jack-Up kit is waste of money, when you can just as easily drop the forks through the yokes. Also, if you think about it, a jack-up kit will raise the centre of gravity, which is more likely to induce a wheelie, whereas lowering the front will do the opposite. Lowering the front will get the bike turning in quicker, and aid it's ability to hold it's line mid-corner, when getting on the power. Experiment dropping the front a few millimetres at a time, up to a maximum of about 10mm. Either route will steepen the steering head angle, and in turn, affect stability. If you're going to do either mods, I would highly recommend a good steering damper. It's essential if you don't want to be filling your pants on the exit of every bumpy corner...