Notices

Thread: Tyres! Holy crap they went quickly!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Tyres! Holy crap they went quickly!! 
    My 675 only had some Pilot Sport 2Ts fitted about 2,500 miles ago! There mashed and the rear is only JUST legal!

I dont want some big heavy hard road tyre - as I know they will be terrible for performance, but then again - I need some more life than 2,500 miles - its only 500 more than I got out of the semi-slicks!

These tyres were expensive - so it came as a shock when they turnt out to be like this!!

Anyone got any recommendations?
    Should I just go back to the semi-slicks? There cheap, extremely good in the dry, get about the same miles, and aint too bad in the wet!

2. Re: Tyres! Holy crap they went quickly!! 
    Sorry can't recommend a tyre for a 675, I have Avon Storms on my DV, but 2500 miles is pretty low and expensive

3. Re: Tyres! Holy crap they went quickly!! 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry as riding a VFR800 it is not the same sort of tyre that you will use compared to the ones I use, as I use the dual compound Bridgestones.

4. Re: Tyres! Holy crap they went quickly!! 
    Do you mean Pilot Power 2CT's?

If you've mashed them up on a 675 with just road riding I'd suggest your tyre pressures are wrong.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

5. Re: Tyres! Holy crap they went quickly!! 
    ONF1RE
    Got about the same miles on the rear 'OEM Qualifiers' on the Road [smiley=huh.gif]

6. Re: Tyres! Holy crap they went quickly!! 
    Platinum Member
    We ran the Maxxis supersport on the 675 and was very impressed - especially with the price. Also a few endurance teams ran them for the season.

But I would check the pressures but then again I can mash tyres in less time

7. Re: Tyres! Holy crap they went quickly!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    Do you mean Pilot Power 2CT's?

If you've mashed them up on a 675 with just road riding I'd suggest your tyre pressures are wrong.
    Its mainly motorway work that seems to have mashed them up! The edges are holding pretty well -despite being used alot!

What pressures would you reccomend? I am using Fowlers pressures they told me - which is 35/36

8. Re: Tyres! Holy crap they went quickly!! 
    If you're only riding on the road then a harder compound tyre isn't going to make much difference when you press on a bit. The chances of an average rider reaching the grip limits of a tyre on the road is pretty remote. I found the continental sport attack pretty hard wearing and had a good profile for dropping the bike into corners quickly. Motorway riding will destroy a soft tyre so either go for a harder compound, swallow the cost or stop riding on the motorway.

9. Re: Tyres! Holy crap they went quickly!! 
    Platinum Member
    aaaaahhhhhhh when you said mashed I thought all the way and worn not squared off! Get some dual or tri compound tyres - soft stuff is crap for motorways and will get destroyed/ squared off in no time.

10. Re: Tyres! Holy crap they went quickly!! 
    Yeah, like Stu, I thought you meant mashed mashed not squared off.

Looks like you've got a tough choice of tyre now if you are regularly doing motorway miles.

Maybe the commuting/touring bods amongst us can suggest a tyre
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.