Notices

Thread: Brands hatch info anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Brands hatch info anyone? 
    Having just purchased a trailer to haul my bike to trackdays im wondering if anyone has ridden the brands before and has words of wisdom concerning it.
    Only other track i have ridden is silverstone and brands is one i definately want to do.All i have been warned about so far is a few off camber corners.
    Info greatly appreciated.
    O and its the full GP circuit

2. Re: Brands hatch info anyone? 
    Absolutely brilliant circuit, equal 2nd fave with Anglesey (Cadwell's first). It's the most expensive in the country but for your money you get a top track and free garages and power.
    I don't recall any particularly off-camber corners, except Westfield maybe - on my first couple of visits there I really loved that corner and yes it was slightly off-camber but very fast and grippy and you could get a great drift across the track from the inside - last time I went (2 years ago) a big bump had appeared on the entry and I didn't enjoy it as much.I was very sad to see the departure of Dingle Dell, that was a fantastic corner but I fear that the safety nazis had their way (why? never appeared that dangerous to me, and there was enough run-off) and it was sacrificed to make way for Sheene curve; a bland 90degree right-hander > . Paddock Hill is breath-taking (go steady on the throttle on the way out, especially if you have cold tyres), Druids is fun and Surtees (left-hander where the GP leaves the Indy circuit) is very grippy and the crest exiting it is good for 2nd gear wheelies - clutchless upshift into 3rd and let it rev out before dropping the wheel [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    When are you there? I'm doing 2 days on the Indy circuit for Levels I & II of California Superbike School next week - can't wait 8-)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

3. Re: Brands hatch info anyone? 
    Thanks for the info there Scotty.Nothing booked yet,was looking at the 19th of may.But dependant on the weather,if not,no limits are also doing a few days in june/july.
    How strict are they on db?Have akrapovics on but no baffles.Silverstone said there were strict but never saw them test any bikes and there were some seriously load bikes there.

4. Re: Brands hatch info anyone? 
    All MSV circuits noise test with a limit of 105dB I believe. A regular race pipe shouldn't have any problems.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Brands hatch info anyone? 
    Get ready for your chin hitting the tank at the bottom of Paddock...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

6. Re: Brands hatch info anyone? 
    good job Bruce Forsyth dont go on trackdays then Mark!!!! ;D
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

7. Re: Brands hatch info anyone? 
    Quote Originally Posted by python
    good job Bruce Forsyth dont go on trackdays then Mark!!!! ;D
    I tell you mate, you are totally unprepared for how violently the track goes from downhill to uphill at the bottom of Paddock Hill. It took me four laps before I had the foresight to prepare meself. Chin hit the tank three laps in a row. Lipton will vouch for it, cos he did the same thing... :
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

8. Re: Brands hatch info anyone? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    Absolutely brilliant circuit, equal 2nd fave with Anglesey (Cadwell's first). It's the most expensive in the country but for your money you get a top track and free garages and power.
    I don't recall any particularly off-camber corners, except Westfield maybe - on my first couple of visits there I really loved that corner and yes it was slightly off-camber but very fast and grippy and you could get a great drift across the track from the inside - last time I went (2 years ago) a big bump had appeared on the entry and I didn't enjoy it as much.I was very sad to see the departure of Dingle Dell, that was a fantastic corner but I fear that the safety nazis had their way (why? never appeared that dangerous to me, and there was enough run-off) and it was sacrificed to make way for Sheene curve; a bland 90degree right-hander > . Paddock Hill is breath-taking (go steady on the throttle on the way out, especially if you have cold tyres), Druids is fun and Surtees (left-hander where the GP leaves the Indy circuit) is very grippy and the crest exiting it is good for 2nd gear wheelies - clutchless upshift into 3rd and let it rev out before dropping the wheel [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    When are you there? I'm doing 2 days on the Indy circuit for Levels I & II of California Superbike School next week - can't wait 8-)
    Just booked up for next monday.Cant wait.Thanks for the info everyone.Ill be sure to keep my chin up to prevent bashing it on the tank.

9. Re: Brands hatch info anyone? 
    bet that hurt

10. Re: Brands hatch info anyone? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bobf279
    bet that hurt
    Drains the blood from your head...
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk