Notices

Thread: clutch levers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. clutch levers 
    Ummmm............ any ideas about fitting new clutch levers on a yamaha 125??.........will it need bleeding??...............thick moo asking

;D :-[ ;D

2. Re: clutch levers 
    I must be a 'thick moo' too - can't offer you any advice! ;D Sorry! Plenty of knowledgeable peeps on here who will be able to though! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

3. Re: clutch levers 
    lol....thanx for answering anyway flower lol xxx

;D

4. Re: clutch levers 
    If your changing the clutch lever you don't need to bleed anything in fact same with a brake lever, as far as I know but i've only done things like this on my Honda cg 125. Bu I wouldn't hav thought it to be any different

5. Re: clutch levers 
    Hope I'm right on this coz I'm not certain Beamer,but I'm pretty sure the yamaha (YBR?) 125 doesn't have a hydraulic clutch so no bleeding will be needed. I t has a cable operated clutch so to change the clutch lever you just have to undo the tensioner on the cable, undo the bolt holding the lever on. unclip the cable by pulling out the nipple past the slotin the lever.remove old lever ,then bolt on new lever. Then simply reverse the procedure, tension up the cable and it's done. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

6. Re: clutch levers 
    Ride it to Pheonix and ask them nicely if they will change it, ask them for how much and they will probably do it for nothing if you are lucky (big smile at the mechanic)

7. Re: clutch levers 
    Diamond Member

Tina, PM jonneyflame. He changed my cbr's, both levers cos they were too big for my tiny hands. And he'll do it for you too, if you live around.

8. Re: clutch levers 
    Changing levers is pretty straightfoward...

Hydraulic
    remove any gaiters or covers over the lever
    Remove light or inhibit switches noting how they fit
    Remove nut + bolt holding lever
    Replace lever
    Grease Pivot bolt + lever pivot + where it pushes on to master cylinder
    Refit in reverse order

Cable
    Remove gaitors and covers from lever
    Remove light or inhibit switches noting how the fit
    Not the amount of freeplay in the lever
    Slacken cable right off at handlebar + align slots in cable holder, nut and lever
    Remove nut + bolt holding lever
    Remove lever, turning 90 degrees away from the bars + removing cable and pull lever up to disengage cable from lever (use the slots to remove the cable)
    DO NOT pull voilently. If it won't go with a bit of a pull, find some more slack
    Replace lever in reverse of above.
    Grease pivot bolt + cable nipple + lever pivot
    Adjust cable tensioner by handlebars to get the same amout of freeplay as at start. Do up locknut to finish.

If all else fails go to dealer, smile sweatly and ask them to do it. Most will do it there and then for little or no fee.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: clutch levers 
    Platinum Member
    No bleeding required for levers, Only if you are changing the master cylinders at the same time.

If its a 125 then as far as i know there arn't any with hydralic clutches [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

If you need a hand send me a message and i'll see if i can get over for 15 or so min's

10. Re: clutch levers 
    thank you all so much for the advice.....we shall have a go and see what happens lol......simon, if it all goes wrong i shall bein touch lol.......Thank you everyone xxxx

;D