Notices

Thread: Extra Inches

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Extra Inches 
    Due to the fact I am vertically challenged I am looking to get a couple of inches taken off my seat so my feet are better positioned on the floor when stopping and I gain that all important couple of extra inches of comfort.......
    Does anyone know where/who can do this??

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2. Re: Extra Inches 
    Platinum Member
    Cobra leathers in Swindon - she has done some great work on customers seats for me.

3. Re: Extra Inches 
    you can also get boots which have raised insoles which give you an extra inch (important to some people) only available for women as far as I can see as i wanted a pair myself

4. Re: Extra Inches 
    Tina, if you eat a lot more pies, you won't need to adjust the seat height or get a lowering kit. Alternatively, let some air out your tyres... [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

5. Re: Extra Inches 
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1988
    you can also get boots which have raised insoles which give you an extra inch (important to some people) only available for women as far as I can see as i wanted a pair myself
    You can get insoles as well for boots to make you taller, but they do make boots and shoes for men [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I don't own a pair btw, I've given up caring about my height

6. Re: Extra Inches 
    Diamond Member
    Tina, I've had all my bikes lowered, you thought of that? The sv was a pain in the back, cos it was so high, had it lowered (by Super Steve) and never looked back. People will tell you it affects handling, but I think only racers would. All I noticed was a much easier ride [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Extra Inches 
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRowner

You can get insoles as well for boots to make you taller, but they do make boots and shoes for men [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I don't own a pair btw, I've given up caring about my height
    know anywhere that does em? had my boots a couple of years now and could do with a new pair soon 5' 7" here but i ride a zx7r which is by far the widest and tallest bike i have sat on, why i bought one I dont know! :P good fun to ride though

8. Re: Extra Inches 
    The only place, outside America, that I've seen the insoles is in one of those mags you throw away from your Sunday newspapers. although I think you can get them specially made from the Cotswold Outdoor Centre near South Cerney. They're pricey but they take a mould of your feet and scan your walk before making you a set of insoles to suit you. I think mine cost me about £130 but my stance has improved and I can now tab for miles with a full bergan on my back unlike some of the wimps I work with ;D

I'm only about 5'6" myself and I know I'll have problems when I get my new ride so I'm keeping my eye out in the States next month for some boots for the shorter rider.

Another option is to get your bike lowered, you can buy kits from many places [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: Extra Inches 
    Every inch counts ladies [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

10. Re: Extra Inches 
    There's always one ;D