Notices

Thread: End can for Fazer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. End can for Fazer 
    Diamond Member
    I was reading What Bike? and they reviewed a number of exhaust end cans of which they voted SP Engineering MotoGp can star buy. I was considering buying an Akrapovic, but they are very expensive (£500) and as I'm lacking in funds was thinking of fitting an SP (£200). To my amazement the firm are based in Frome. The pics of them fitted to the FZ1 on their website look real 8-).
    I was wondering if any WB member out there had any dealings with them or could give me any advise about their products.

Thank you in anticipation and a happy New Year [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

2. Re: End can for Fazer 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    I was reading What Bike? and they reviewed a number of exhaust end cans of which they voted SP Engineering MotoGp can star buy. I was considering buying an Akrapovic, but they are very expensive (£500) and as I'm lacking in funds was thinking of fitting an SP (£200). To my amazement the firm are based in Frome. The pics of them fitted to the FZ1 on their website look real 8-).
    I was wondering if any WB member out there had any dealings with them or could give me any advise about their products.

Thank you in anticipation and a happy New Year [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Everyone has to be somewhere

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: End can for Fazer 
    Diamond Member
    Good point Judy - just pleased that they are up the road cos according to their website they welcome visitors. I will pay them a visit to check out the cans, but was hoping for some info. Early days so I will keep a look out on this thread. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: End can for Fazer 
    Platinum Member
    Ken
    Have you seen these
    http://www.campbellcustom.co.uk/Yamaha%20FZ1S.htm

A mate had one on his 07 and he said it was the dogs danglies [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I too thought about the SP engineering but evedently they are all made to order :-/ so plumped for the FUEL one instead [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: End can for Fazer 
    Diamond Member
    They do look smart Simon, but on the site they advise fitting a power commander as the exup valve is removed. Is that the same with all end cans? Sp do say that their cans are available off the shelf.

6. Re: End can for Fazer 
    2 of our friends have them fitted to thier bikes ones a new z750 the other one is a new z1000 and they look& sound awesome, have you had a look at the scorpion range in gm stevens in trowbridge look good and very reasonable priced too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: End can for Fazer 
    Platinum Member
    They do look smart Simon, but on the site they advise fitting a power commander as the exup valve is removed. Is that the same with all end cans? Sp do say that their cans are available off the shelf.
    Let me have a word with my mate as I'm 90% sure his was just a link pie from the exup back but i will endeavour to find out and report back [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: End can for Fazer 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracey_c
    2 of our friends have them fitted to thier bikes ones a new z750 the other one is a new z1000 and they look& sound awesome, have you had a look at the scorpion range in gm stevens in trowbridge look good and very reasonable priced too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Are you talking about the SP exhausts Lady Z? And cheers Simon

9. Re: End can for Fazer 
    You don't NEED a PowerCommander, but it can help optimise fuelling. I fitted an Akropovic titanium can on mine when new. Yes, you lose the EXUP valve, but it made no difference... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    ABLE MOTORCYCLE TRAINING
    01373 822399
    www.ablemotorcycletraining.co.uk
    markable30@yahoo.co.uk

10. Re: End can for Fazer 
    hi simon, yes i was talking about the sp. i was going to buy one from them as they came highly reccommended by my friends, the only reason i didnt was my friend WOL from busted knuckles cut down my scorpion pipe so now it sounds absolutley fantastic [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]