It is an American company who claim the chip enhancements personally I wouldn't recommend it as a solution without going the whole hog and changing many other performance parts at the same time and by the time you have added up the costs you will have been better off buying a bike which has the performance you seek as standard. Unless you are just someone who likes to farkle... So I have amended the page to remove the part regarding performance chips.

It is possible to change the ecu and gain more power along with other benifits like fuel savings, smoother ride, on specific bikes. There is an after-market ECU (Stand-alone Stage I Performance ECU, the GT-RX Performance ECU) for the Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 which does just that, but most people who have used it also change the silencer and utilise performance air filters.

It is rare for a Power commander to increase Horse Power it is more likely to smooth out the delivery of the power which is already there caused by poor fueling to get through emition controls in the UK and EU. I run a PC3 on my 01 FJR for this purpose.

I also use a TuneBoy on my Rocket III which can do more than a Power Commander, I have been able to lift the restrictions imposed on the Rocket in 1st to 3rd gears where the fuel mapping and the secondry throttle boddies are prevented from working to their optimum, so by simply opening the throttle bodies fully in these gears and allowing more fuel through at the variying throttle positions this has given the bike more wind in the 1st 3 gears. I doubt though that it has given it any more power, it just feels like it has. Doing a cat bypass and using streight through pips though immediately added 26 bhp.

Ride Safe.