Notices

Thread: Re: Hot hatch inferiority complex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Hot hatch inferiority complex 
    Really can't understand it - surely they know bikes are not only faster (usually anyway) but also much better at making progress through traffic! I drive a 210bhp hot hatch but would still never try to race or out-drive a bike!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

2. Re: Hot hatch inferiority complex 
    Diamond Member
    It never ceases to amaze me either - once they see you in their mirrors they close up to the car in front and go as far into the centre of the road as they can to try and stop an overtake. Stupid since nothings going to stop a bike overtaking if the rider wants to.

I do however like to give a thank you wave to those drivers that make a big effort to do the opposite and pull right into the kerb so you can pass easily. Always give these guys a wave.

3. Re: Hot hatch inferiority complex 
    Sue600
    Love making extra effort to thank all helpful drivers on the roads. Makes the idiots stand out a mile - had a few van drivers have a go at a car in front, in stopped traffic, cos they were trying to block me. I wonder if more bikers are thanking drivers.... there actually seems to be more helpful ones on the road recently (or could be I've just been lucky)

4. Re: Hot hatch inferiority complex 
    I always make a point of thanking helpful car drivers too. I like to think it encourages them to do it again.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: Hot hatch inferiority complex 
    Platinum Member
    Yes,I must agree,there's been a few considerate drivers.Probably bikers themeselves? It's mostly the ones with rapid cars that have attitudes! ;D ;D ;D The other day I was following a wide van pouring plumes of diesel fumes and I tried to keep a good distance choking behind him down a narrow country lane.I dared not overtake in the circumstances as he sat in the middle of the lane,and he seemed to enjoy the fact that sitting at 35mph probably in second gear to create a lot of smoke was fun. It was obvious he was well aware of my presence some 50 metres behind. what is the point of attitudes like that?It says a lot about ones character in the way they behave and in this case this driver has issues that need resolving before he hurts someone! The highway code clearly states that a slow moving vehicle should pull over to allow faster vehicles safe overtaking! Still, I chilled out and got home safe!

6. Re: Hot hatch inferiority complex 
    I always thank drivers who move over, but I always give it a few moments before I pass them in case they have just lost concentration.
    It's not just hot hatches who want to race. Two weeks a go when riding home from the Sally I had a knackered 1.2Ltr Clio pull up next to me at the Lacock traffic lights and rev it and keep edging forward.
    I think you can guess my response.

Cheers

Kev

7. Re: Hot hatch inferiority complex 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    I always thank drivers who move over, but I always give it a few moments before I pass them in case they have just lost concentration.
    It's not just hot hatches who want to race. Two weeks a go when riding home from the Sally I had a knackered 1.2Ltr Clio pull up next to me at the Lacock traffic lights and rev it and keep edging forward.
    I think you can guess my response.

Cheers

Kev
    you fell off your bike laughing?
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

8. Re: Hot hatch inferiority complex 
    Seeing how at the moment i'm mostly in a car If i ever see a bike I always get as far to the right as possible and back off from the car infront to give a bit more room.
    It makes me feel good when i get a thanks - but im not stupid enough to try and race a bike, there's really no point unless you want to look an idiot.

9. Re: Hot hatch inferiority complex 
    If i ever see a bike I always get as far to the right as possible
    I hope you either live in France or incorrectly typed "right" instead of "left"

10. Re: Hot hatch inferiority complex 
    Platinum Member
    Bikers do the same last week I got stuck behind a GSX R while making headway through traffic, this week it was an R1, please let the bikes making progress through I always do.

Roll on winter when for weeks at time I never see another bike

Mr Grumpy Chippenham