Notices

Thread: Wiltshire bikers / Wiltshire riders

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Wiltshire bikers / Wiltshire riders 
    hi all who uses both web sites and do we ever meet up together, i have noticed WR have more meet ups is there any reason for this, also more people post on here is that because they have more time on there hands coz they dont use there bikes as much lol.

2. Re: Wiltshire bikers / Wiltshire riders 
    just seem to be more friendly especially compared to the south west lot

3. Re: Wiltshire bikers / Wiltshire riders 
    Quote Originally Posted by bladep102
    just seem to be more friendly especially compared to the south west lot
    whos more friendly???
    i have been on a ride with WR and they were really nice people, ride was slow, but you do have to cater for all abilities. i just dont know why there is 2 forums in Wiltshire, not only that there pretty much called the same thing lol.........

I am only on both because i want to find riders in and around the salisbury area.

karl

4. Re: Wiltshire bikers / Wiltshire riders 
    WR was origionally a break-off group from this forum.

Can't remember the reasons why...to be honest...don't care either.

I was on WR for a long time, made alot of good friends on there, but it all went pete tong with membership rules, certain people trying to rip it up and other stuff...in the end it became way too much hassle so I dropped it.

I'm not on WB very much mainly as I struggle to find enough time for MB, but people on here on the whole tend to be much nicer and more genuine just out for some good times on the bike and thats it.

I think MB already been plugged on here, it's on a Wends at the Mermaid your more than welcome to come along so long as your nice to people!

5. Re: Wiltshire bikers / Wiltshire riders 
    Quote Originally Posted by furry-TLR
    WR was origionally a break-off group from this forum.

Can't remember the reasons why...to be honest...don't care either.

I was on WR for a long time, made alot of good friends on there, but it all went pete tong with membership rules, certain people trying to rip it up and other stuff...in the end it became way too much hassle so I dropped it.

I'm not on WB very much mainly as I struggle to find enough time for MB, but people on here on the whole tend to be much nicer and more genuine just out for some good times on the bike and thats it.

I think MB already been plugged on here, it's on a Wends at the Mermaid your more than welcome to come along so long as your nice to people!
    Hay JP i am always nice to people, I have also commented on the other post about the back ache issue lol, Yeah i was given the info on this website at GW's, to be honest to many forums for me, i would rather be riding my bike then talking about it, i might pop on and register just to know when the ride outs are.......... I heard the people on here would rather sit behind there comps typing about bikes than actually riding them, how true is this, i also put this comment on that link we have been chatting about, i wouldnt know i am only saying what i have heard. I HOPE I HAVENT OPENED A CAN OF CRAP BY STARTING THIS THREAD LOL

karl

6. Re: Wiltshire bikers / Wiltshire riders 
    Platinum Member
    Maybe some of us don't get to ride as often as we like could be due to work, money or lack of bike but were all riders at heart. I do plenty of miles on the bike I just don't do many group rides anymore I prefer now to ride at my own pace with mates I know and trust (also use their mirrors and slow down if your caught in traffic/ at lights etc)

I was heavily involved with WR as a lot of people know but after the changes I came back here (still a member of WR but not a full member as I can't make weekend meets due to work! :)- and to be honest I like the subtle changes made on here over the last couple of years while I was away [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

7. Re: Wiltshire bikers / Wiltshire riders 
    Diamond Member
    I dont have a bike (/Trike) currently on the road but that doesnt mean Im not a biker at heart! We have a rule here: to be a member of the forum you must have a love of bikes and it doesnt matter if its a 42cc chineese mini moto or a 2.3 litre Triumph Rocket 3 or youve had bikes in the past, as long as you love them thats fine. If you want to talk about them thats fine. If you want to ride them, thats fine. Just be yourself!!

WR were a slightly anarcic break away group (No offence meant!) from WB. Theres no long lasting anamosity between the two groups as many people are in both. Here we have grown over the years to be the largest motorcycle forum in the county. We dont charge a membership fee tho donations are always welcome as currently Dabz pays for the site out of his own pocket (Thanks mate!)

We dont care what your back ground is or what you ride (or dont), we just want to be a bunch of friendly, like minded souls, who can have a laugh together and go for a blast together as/when its possible.

8. Re: Wiltshire bikers / Wiltshire riders 
    Platinum Member
    Personally I think it is good that there is more than one forum for Wiltshire it gives people choice. Different Forums host different communities, post on the ones you feel most at home with.

I use my bike daily to commute Monday to Friday and Saturday to go shopping (clock about 10k a year). So don’t feel the need to ride it in the evening and at weekends, I guess that’s why I never attend the ride outs. I have MAG commitments on a Thursday so never make it to the Salutation inn. If I go to a bike meet in the evening it tends to be the Lysley as that is the closest and I know a lot of people there.

9. Re: Wiltshire bikers / Wiltshire riders 
    I'm not really into bike meets/group rideouts. I will attend a few during the year and probably pop down to Poole. As others have said some people prefer riding alone or with friends who know each others riding styles and abilities.
    I do like this site and when members do meet everyone appears friendly.
    Pub meet wise if I've been out riding then my local is a better option for a pint & a coke before parking up for the night.

10. Re: Wiltshire bikers / Wiltshire riders 
    Both offer different things really - WR tend to do more rides from what I hear while we stick to 1 per month...we also have our weekly meet which seems to get overlooked by many, but we run that once a week all year round and get people attending every week. Absolutely no animosity between WB and WR as far as I'm concerned and variery/choice is what makes life interesting Also good to see Mermaid Bikers joining the scene!

I guess from a smug point of view I can also be certain that with well over 600 members, people can leave, throw their toys out the pram, bad mouth, forget about or whatever with WB but we'll still continue going strong regardless hehe. i think we're almost 4 years old now and still pushing the same ethos of everyone's welcome and it's all free!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers