Notices

Thread: O2 Broadband

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. O2 Broadband 
    Diamond Member
    Hello All

I was wondering is anybody on O2 Broadband??
    If so how good is it and what are the speeds like and conectivity??

As I am with BT at the mo and it is costing me an arm and a leg for nothing, as I am without broadband more than with and paying through the nose for it, as my wife is on a O2 mobile we can get O2 for £7ish rather than £16 with BT

2. Re: O2 Broadband 
    Platinum Member
    we are looking in2 o2 as well mate, seems good at the mo, very cheap but not sure what the speeds are like.

3. Re: O2 Broadband 
    Have a look at BE broadband. 24mbps download. I use it at work and for connecting a London office. There's a post code search to see if it is available in your area.
    I find it very good.

Cheers Kev

www.bethere.co.uk/

4. Re: O2 Broadband 
    Diamond Member
    Thanx Kev

Just checked and BE is not avalible in my area yet.

5. Re: O2 Broadband 
    O2 I beleive own BE so they are one in the same.

I am with O2 for my broadband, I am not in an LLU area though so I am on the 8mb (£17 a month as an existing O2 Mobile customer) package. I had a load of issues since Christmas with slow evening and weekend speeds, but rang them and they knocked the price down a bit.

In the last week the speed has been awesome again and I got an email to say they have upgraded the whole of their network as takeup of new customers far exceeded what they could handle. But now they have fixed it, the speeds are awesome again (shame the price has gone up too back to non-discounted price)

Customer services are great too and all UK based people you end up speaking to.

6. Re: O2 Broadband 
    Diamond Member
    Hi Davel

Strange that as on the O2 site I can get the Standard on the £7.34 (As wife has a O2 Mobile), but the BE site have said they are not in the area and will e-mail when they are.

7. Re: O2 Broadband 
    Remember it's not always who you are with that's the issue. There are SO many variables on what will or won't give you a good reliable connection that without knowing more details than we (as consumers) have access to, it's always going to a be a gamble... is the copper good? whats your local contention? distance from exchange? internal wiring? interferance? equipment blah blah blah the list goes on... The moral of the story is that most home users will find most ISPs service 'acceptable'.

8. Re: O2 Broadband 
    ONFIRE
    Recommend Cable if its available in your area. Will eliminate most of the variables. 8-)

9. Re: O2 Broadband 
    Platinum Member
    will have to look into that be thing, sounds ok

10. Re: O2 Broadband 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesouthby
    Remember it's not always who you are with that's the issue. There are SO many variables on what will or won't give you a good reliable connection that without knowing more details than we (as consumers) have access to, it's always going to a be a gamble... is the copper good? whats your local contention? distance from exchange? internal wiring? interferance? equipment blah blah blah the list goes on... The moral of the story is that most home users will find most ISPs service 'acceptable'.
    Mines crap but then again so am I - dunnoo if its the network, pc or I'm just impatient >