Notices

Thread: laser eye surgery

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. laser eye surgery 
    Diamond Member
    Just wondering if anyones had this done on here? i am having it done on the 18th of this month, hence why i cant get out on my bike at all now till beggining of april cant ware contact lenses 2 weeks before having it done and wont be able to ride for a few weeks after, and i wouldent even attempt to ride without them as my vision is so bad lol, expencive 20 minutes to have it done but will be well worth it

2. Re: laser eye surgery 
    Platinum Member
    hi - my sis had it done about 6 years ago and has never regretted it. She said it is over so quickly and has changed her life. All the best for the op and I am sure your riding will benefit rather than wearing glasses or getting dry eyes wearing contacts!

3. Re: laser eye surgery 
    I think I will have to get it done at some point. The adverts appear misleading though £395 per eye when a woman at work had hers done it turned out to be £2k!

4. Re: laser eye surgery 
    I want mine done but they say you have to wait till your prescription hasnt changed for a few years and mine just seem to be getting worse all the time! so unfair

5. Re: laser eye surgery 
    Diamond Member
    Now I could be wrong but I had heard that it also has to be done again about 20 years or so latter, is this true??
    If so whats the price diffrence between getting specs or contatcs to having the eyes lasered away??

6. Re: laser eye surgery 
    Platinum Member
    My sisters eyes were really bad..and even though sometimes she needs specs when driving if she is tired..it is nowhere near as inconvenient as having to wear them all the time...not being able to see properly when you wake up etc etc

They are normally very good with their aftercare (i think she went with ultralase?) and re-operated on her a couple of years later free of charge (i think her contractual entitlement to after care had expired by then but they still agreed to the free treatment!)

7. Re: laser eye surgery 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinb
    I think I will have to get it done at some point. The adverts appear misleading though £395 per eye when a woman at work had hers done it turned out to be £2k!

Everyone that I know who has had this done has said it averages out at about 2k total.

I wouldn't mind getting mine down but I can't afford it.

Would rather buy a track bike
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

8. Re: laser eye surgery 
    Diamond Member
    Theres 3 types the 395 per eye is basic crap tht wont do alot, another type they told me for £1990 for both eyes, and the best one avalible at the moment which is £2590 wich is also the one im having, dose your colour vision, night vision, everything wich is cool, they say its permanant for life apart from the old age taking affect for close up reading, i cant see alot during the day and at night i cant even go out they are that bad cant see people in front of me who they are and that, contact lenses i use are ok leave em in all month but they get dry and irritateing at times, so this is gona be well worth the money

9. Re: laser eye surgery 
    Platinum Member
    works only one way apparently,depending on whether you're long or short sighted!

10. Re: laser eye surgery 
    Platinum Member
    I had laser eye surgery 4 weeks ago....

There are 2 different techniques Lasik and lasek. I had lasik which is when they remove a flap and then laser eye. I could drive the next day after 24hr check and had better than 50/50 vision. I never had any pain
    Lasek is when they laser the front of the eye so have to wear contact bandage for few days. This people who had it done was painful.

I had mine done with Optical Express at Cribbs and cost £1250! Anyone I recommend gets £50 off!

I still have to wear reading glasses at times but otherwise fantastic!