Notices

Thread: Florida

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Florida 
    Off on holiday at end of the month, but don't fancy "death by disney" so looking for a few things to do for a few days to break it up a little

there's a space shuttle launch whilst we're there, so thats one day sorted

anyone been & got any recomendations?

2. Re: Florida 
    Platinum Member
    Haven't been personally but a mate went last year and said Seaworld is a good day out and so too is the everglade's with an airboat ride [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Although it is a fairly long day that one [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Shuttle launch will be a spectacular sight i would imagine Jealous much... No not me

3. Re: Florida 
    Which part of florida mate? The Gulf Coast is worth a drive to - stunnng beaches and much more pretty than tourist land!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: Florida 
    If you're doing that neck of the woods get yourself on an Everglade Safari, see the Gators and the Everglades, get yourself down to Miami too its only a 3 hour drive at the outside stop a couple of nights there too.

Disney is great as is Universal but theres so much more to do while you're there too. Get yourself to Daytona Beach ... I guess it depends on the time of year you go but you could be sneeky and book in time for Bike Week too

5. Re: Florida 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    Which part of florida mate? The Gulf Coast is worth a drive to - stunnng beaches and much more pretty than tourist land!
    Not sure if the Gulf Coast in Florida was hit with the slick, might be worth checking if you are thinking about going there!

6. Re: Florida 
    You could try busch gardens in tampa only about 1 hour away. or you could try coco beach just over 1 hour away.there is a bike night at old town kissimmee on a thursday night and cars on a friday/ and saturday night.daytona beach is nice. if you like roller coasters islands of adventures is very goooood.

there is so much to do have a great time

ps i will be going in 5 weeks cant wait

7. Re: Florida 
    Typoon Lagoon!!!!! If you like water parks you'll love it. If you don't......what the hell is wrong with you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8. Re: Florida 
    Platinum Member
    Definitely Seaworld...

9. Re: Florida 
    i would recomend the everglades!i did that when i was younger and went on a hovercraft and still remember it now!loved seeing the crocodiles/alligators (i cant tell the difference :P )
    if you do venture to disney epcot is a good one!its not very disneyey but is definitly worth a day out!half of it is shops and rides from other countries and doesnt even touch on disney!if you can stay late for the fireworks as well thats definitly worth it!
    i can understand you not wanting 'death by disney' but you have to vist at least one park if you're going all that way :P

10. Re: Florida 
    shuttle launch will be awesome!i went to the place and saw one being prepared but didnt see the launch!was cool to see though

hope you have a great holiday whatever you decide to do