Notices

Thread: Tories shoot themselves in the foot

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Tories shoot themselves in the foot 
    Diamond Member
    The old Tories have pulled a fast one on their own ilk - srapping family allowance for those on over 44 grand per annum - luvin it. Should use sum of the income generated to raise the allowance for those on under 25 grand. Bet they won't tho

2. Re: Tories shoot themselves in the foot 
    If someone is in 40% bracket it doesn't make them a tory.
    Why should anyone get an allowance?
    Having children is a privilege not a right. I don't expect people to pay for my choice of lifestyle.

Now can somebody help me down from my high horse please.

3. Re: Tories shoot themselves in the foot 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan
    If someone is in 40% bracket it doesn't make them a tory.
    Having children is a privilege not a right. I don't expect people to pay for my choice of lifestyle.

Now can somebody help me down from my high horse please.

Off course it doesn't make them a Tory - the point I'm making is that this policy will hit their "Bread and butter voters" I believe that child benefit should be raised for lower income families as one of many measures to rid us of the curse of the poverty trap.

4. Re: Tories shoot themselves in the foot 
    I thought the cap they put on benefits was a bit high, until I realised it was per household, rather than per person ;D

And if you're earning £44k I doubt you'd even notice the benefits were gone.

Just so you know I can't stand politics... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

5. Re: Tories shoot themselves in the foot 
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_geoghegan

I'd like an allowance for not having kids if thats ok, making less of a burden on the school system the NHS and of course if they ever grew up into little hooligans .... the judicial system :P, granted there will be no Hizzy's or Kaz's for the future but thats a saving on the economy I'm happy for us to make and of course in return a nice reward for keeping the population down wouldn't go astray ;D

If you are absolutely minted granted you work hard for your money but if you love your money so much don't go out having a basketball team sized family ... same goes for the buggers who can barely hold their head above water sitting on benefits thinking more kids equals more hand outs ..... ********** expletives removed to protect the mildy innocent .....

tell you what its nice sitting up here on a high horse... I can see my house from up here

6. Re: Tories shoot themselves in the foot 
    They should scrap it altogether. Why should we have to pay for a 15-16 year old kid to fire out more children in an already overpopulated country. When you see unemployed going around with 6 to 8 kids and us as tax payers are paying for them something is very wrong. >

The Tories will have to do even more extreme forms of taxation to clear up the mess left by Labour. Just don't make it easy for those who are so called on the poverty line, they may have to make do with only the last generation mobile phone.

7. Re: Tories shoot themselves in the foot 
    Just realised there are kids who's parents receive benefits for them who themselves have a kid they receive benefit for!!! Does that make sense? lol ;D

It's the same with the expenses stuff though. Because the rules said it was allowed, it was done. I wouldn't say no to money that the government said I was allowed to receive...

8. Re: Tories shoot themselves in the foot 
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor86
    I thought the cap they put on benefits was a bit high, until I realised it was per household, rather than per person ;D

And if you're earning £44k I doubt you'd even notice the benefits were gone.

Just so you know I can't stand politics... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    I don't know how to tell you this, but it is per person. You don't pay tax by the household. You could be bringing in £86,000 and you would still recieve child benefit.

A single mum, recently been left by her husband to look after 4 kids, hold down a job and struggling to pay the mortgage would get nothing if she earned £44,100.
    I don't care if you're a Tory, Labour or Raving Loony party the system doesn't work.

Kevinb, ever thought of running for parliment. I especially like your views on cats. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

9. Re: Tories shoot themselves in the foot 
    Platinum Member
    Off course it doesn't make them a Tory - the point I'm making is that this policy will hit their "Bread and butter voters"
    redken - I believe you are wrong in thinking everyone votes selfishly.
    There are higher earners who agree with the policy.

I believe that child benefit should be raised for lower income families as one of many measures to rid us of the curse of the poverty trap.
    What about family planning? (men can also take responsibility for this too).
    There is a certain degree of personal responsibility is there not?
    If you know your life is going to be miserable if you have kids then either don't have them or study for a better job.
    Don't blame others for not giving you handouts.

10. Re: Tories shoot themselves in the foot 
    Platinum Member
    Tory&Lib-Dem coalition, i don't recall a Labour candidate even bothering to stand in Wiltshire! So you carrot crunching bastards are responsible!

Mitch (Yorkshire born&Bred)