Notices

Thread: Sally

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Sally 
    commando1966
    What is and where is the "sally" ? ? :-/

2. Re: Sally 
    'The Sally' is the Salutation Inn, it is the main WBer's meet that is held on a thursday, The Sally is just down the road from castle combe if your heading from Chippenham, it is in a little village called the Gibb, on the right hand side just as you come down a hill

3. Re: Sally 
    commando1966
    lol ok thanks .. no-one told me that .. i was under the impression that the Polebarn was the main WB's meeting place .. guess im not "properly" in the club yet lol

4. Re: Sally 
    Everyone is properly in the club here fella
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

5. Re: Sally 
    well there are several meets, the harp and crown on a Wednesday, The sally on Thursday and The Polebarn on a Friday. These are all 'Offical meets' but the sally is the main one, but you get about the same amount of people at all of the events

6. Re: Sally 
    Piece of advice Nick. Make sure others are going to the Sally. It is a long way from Trowbridge to then sit by yourself. I speak from expierence.

It is easy to find, just go past Castle Coombe circuit and stay on the main road. Just past the Castle Coombe village signs and on your right is the Salutation. It faces the wrong way, so you may ride past it first time.

Personally I stick to the Harp and Crown. Is closer!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: Sally 
    commando1966
    Quote Originally Posted by Robf
    'The Sally' is the Salutation Inn, it is the main WBer's meet that is held on a thursday, The Sally is just down the road from castle combe if your heading from Chippenham, it is in a little village called the Gibb, on the right hand side just as you come down a hill
    The only pub i know of between Chipp and Castle Combe is the Bell Inn at Colerne .. never heard of a village called Gibb lol ;D

8. Re: Sally 
    It's past Castle Coombe. On the B4039.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

9. Re: Sally 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_W
    Piece of advice Nick. Make sure others are going to the Sally. It is a long way from Trowbridge to then sit by yourself. I speak from expierence.

It is easy to find, just go past Castle Coombe circuit and stay on the main road. Just past the Castle Coombe village signs and on your right is the Salutation. It faces the wrong way, so you may ride past it first time.

Personally I stick to the Harp and Crown. Is closer!
    I went up last Thursday, not too many about and several of them had come over from Bristol. I talk to anyone me

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

10. Re: Sally 
    commando1966
    Hmmm didnt realise Bristol was in Wiltshire lol :P