Notices

Thread: monitor problems

1. monitor problems 
    Hi everyone, I'm having problems with my monitor and wondered if any of you techies out there have any idea what's wrong.

It's a 22" LG flatscreen monitor, it works fine for about 20 mins but then it turns itself off ,then back on again almost immediately, after a minute or so it does the same again,
    the longer you are using it , the more often the problem occurs. after an hour or so of use, it turns off then on every 30 seconds or so. :'(
    I've started using my spare but it's much smaller
    Just wondered if it's repairable or in the bin! ;D
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

2. Re: monitor problems 
    somewhere in the monitor's menu it should have a 'power save' or 'sleep' function, turning that off may help

3. Re: monitor problems 
    http://www.fixya.com/support/lg/monitors

try using this troubleshooting, as i don't know which monitor you have exactly. it should be repairable, although depending on the problem it may be cheaper to buy another.

4. Re: monitor problems 
    Banned
    i think they have little flourescent type lamps for providing the backlighting, I have a screen at work that will only show for under a minute before the screen going blank. Don't know if anyone can replace them or not though, i've resigned myself to replace this one

5. Re: monitor problems 
    Sounds like something overheating/cycling :-/

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: monitor problems 
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbonnie
    Sounds like something overheating/cycling :-/

BB
    That was my immediate reaction.
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

7. Re: monitor problems 
    This may make no sense but reverse change the cable from pooter to screen.. it has worked on similar prob :-? and .like been mentioned, check out the options menu just to make sure it is set ok. Other than that a repair may not be cost effective as a new one will be about £120.

I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

8. Re: monitor problems 
    You could try Altek. Take it over there and they should be able to give you a price to look at it.

http://www.altek-computers.co.uk/index.html