Thread: DRIVER CHARGED OVER DEATH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. DRIVER CHARGED OVER DEATH 

2. Re: DRIVER CHARGED OVER DEATH 
    Very bloody good!
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

3. Re: DRIVER CHARGED OVER DEATH 
    Shame it had to happen in the first place...

Will she be punished as severely as the bikers (allegedly) pounded by the courts for group riding as accurately reported in this week's Mostly Contrived Nonsense?
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

4. Re: DRIVER CHARGED OVER DEATH 
    Good! Wonder what she will get when sentanced?

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: DRIVER CHARGED OVER DEATH 
    Finally they charged her, they didn't look at the paperwork quick enough and had to rebail her while they did, they where not even sure if they could charge her after the CPS failed to look at the paperwork in time, I am glad they decided they could. She is pleading that she wasn't dricing the car, and doesn't remember leaving the house, as they cannot charge her if they cannot prove she was driving at the time. She didn't stop when she hit Wayne, she kept going, and then dumped the car further alone the motorway and took to the fields, I believe it was the police helicopter that found her, hence why they need to prove it was her behind the wheel.

R.I.P. Wayne, I will forever mourn the conversations we never got to have, and treasure the laughs we had on the conversations we did have.
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

6. Re: DRIVER CHARGED OVER DEATH 
    Diamond Member
    Justice is served

7. Re: DRIVER CHARGED OVER DEATH 
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia
    Justice is served
    We shall see, so far she has only been charged and bailed. I would like to say I have faith in the justice system, but I don't. If I get pissed and kill someone with a knife, I will get charged with manslaughter, which carries a maximim of 25 years I believe, if you change the weapon from a knife to a car, well that charge only brings a maximum of 5 years.

Justice, in this country? not a chance.
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

8. Re: DRIVER CHARGED OVER DEATH 
    Platinum Member
    It's really shocking.
    5 years is the max and the nsometimes it would be less and then halfed for good behviour.

Running away and trying to claim you weren't there is dispicable.

It seems to me that motoring accidents are almost accepted as collateral damage and an inevitable consequence which is an attitude that should be challenged.

If I was a relative or close friend I think I'd find it extremely hard to deal with.

9. Re: DRIVER CHARGED OVER DEATH 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista
    It's really shocking.
    5 years is the max and the nsometimes it would be less and then halfed for good behviour.

Running away and trying to claim you weren't there is dispicable.

It seems to me that motoring accidents are almost accepted as collateral damage and an inevitable consequence which is an attitude that should be challenged.

If I was a relative or close friend I think I'd find it extremely hard to deal with.
    +1

10. Re: DRIVER CHARGED OVER DEATH 
    I have a view on this, some may find it controversial but I think I speak from a position of experience.

Personally I think that if you knowingly get pissed (and I mean really pissed, i.e. twice the legal limit) and then get into a car and end up killing someone then you should be charged with manslaughter as manslaughter is the UNLAWFUL killing of another human being. Drink driving is unlawful and another human being has been killed. QED in my opinion.

Just for information, the offence for which she has been charged actually carries a maximum sentence of 14 years imprisonment. Although you can bet your bottom dollar she will only get about 4 or 5 years at the most.