Notices

Thread: Old Age :-(

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Old Age :-( 
    Diamond Member
    Morning 8-)

It’s just after 3.00am, and recently this is about the time when my brain thinks it should start the day by cramming itself with dozens of random thoughts until I give in and get up !
    What happened to the Gerry that could lie in until 11.00am (or later) at the weekends and still be tired when I got up I don’t know, but now my mind seems to like to start early and then pile in so many thoughts, ideas, feelings and plans that it’s just no good, there’s no way I’m going to back to sleep.

This morning (or is it still officially night) it’s thoughts of the Ace café and why there isn’t somewhere like that for us “Westerners”, what if I was to sell the business and find somewhere to rent and build one up. “Biker Bills Café” came into my head (crap name, but remember I’m still half asleep) !

Other thoughts then pile in, “how to get rich” ?

What I ought to do is to stop having brilliant ideas and put one of them into action, I’m sure that now is a great time to get into children’s toilet systems with a potty with a “Henry Vacuum Cleaner” type face on, except this one would have glasses and be called “Harry Potty”
    Or then there’s my men’s personal tissues “Wankychiefs” (OK, don’t ask)
    Or a loo roll with six extra bits on cos it always runs out half a dozen bits to soon !

By this time my brain is in usual early morning overload, what bike should I have next (and how to pay for it) should I move to Greece and retire by the sea living off Ouzo and Greeks salads, and then the usual sad thoughts of a lost love (two little words that equal untold sadness).

This early rising may just be an age thing (I’m feeling pretty old lately) and then I started to try and think of all the good things about being older and after ten minutes deep thought I’ve come up with a list of one - cheaper insurance [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

As my personal death clock ( www.death-clock.org ) says I’ve only 7,308 days, 12 hours and 9 minutes left to live (it’s just for fun folks) :-/ I really ought to be trying to look at things more optimistically.
    I’m hoping that there must be more than one benefit to being in the second (and last) half of my life.

I’ll start a list, please feel free to add…

Old Ged

2. Re: Old Age :-( 
    Diamond Member
    Replying to my own thread as nobody else is up yet

1, Cheaper Insurance
    2, Less money spent on hair products.

3. Re: Old Age :-( 
    Diamond Member
    Helloooo...
    OK, I give in, I've tried chatting to the search engine web crawlers, MSN bot says nothing and I'm sure the Googlebot is just ignoring me on purpose >
    Well, you have had your chance bots, I'm off to chat to the sexy little bots on the Supra forum :P

Struggling to think of more benefits, although my memory isn't what it used to be (although it might be as good, I can't really remember)

Oh. thought of another...

1, Cheaper Insurance
    2, Less money spent on hair products.
    3, Cheaper insurance

4. Re: Old Age :-( 
    Platinum Member
    I must stop putting cocaine in them burgers , ;D

5. Re: Old Age :-( 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    Replying to my own thread as nobody else is up yet

1, Cheaper Insurance really??? when ??? it keeps going up!

2, Less money spent on hair products. Speak for yourself :P

You no longer understand how yoofs speak innit and you don't care that you're not that hip because now as you understand how much of a tosser it makes you sound ;D

You really can remember when 'this was all just fields' and not sprawling areas of concrete and brick .

6. Re: Old Age :-( 
    Quote Originally Posted by smellygerm
    I must stop putting cocaine in them burgers , ;D
    ;D ;D

Was it just Gerry's you laced? No one else was up!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Old Age :-( 
    And don't get me started on 'I can remember when this was all fields...' :-[

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

8. Re: Old Age :-( 
    What worries me is that as i get older, i've noticed that i have started saying all the things that my dad said, that i always promised i would never say....

"wouldn't happen in my day....."
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd

9. Re: Old Age :-( 
    I thought as you got older you slept more??? Obviously not.... :P
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: Old Age :-( 
    Diamond Member
    One thing I do know, is if you have a "greeks salad", he gets really angry and starts shouting at you! lol ;D