Notices

Thread: 127 hours

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. 127 hours 
    Diamond Member
    I can thoroughly recommend NOT EATING while watching this film!!!!

Just finished watching it while eating my lunch and nearly threw up all over my desk. Takes a lot to make me feel queesy (sp?) but knowing this film was a real story did the job!

Does go to show just how much our 'fragile' bodies can withstand though in desperate circumstances.

If anyone isn't familiar with the story (true story), basic outline is climber on his own, falls dow shaft, arm gets trapped by a rock and he has to amputate it himself after 127 hours of being trapped. Oh, and he only has a cheap penknife that has been extremely blunted from trying to chip away at the rock with it first.

If you have a strong stomach, it's a good film. If you don't, then look away for that part!

2. Re: 127 hours 
    haha ;D
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

3. Re: 127 hours 
    Quote Originally Posted by Squashed_Fly

Just finished watching it while eating my lunch and nearly threw up all over my desk. Takes a lot to make me feel queesy (sp?) but knowing this film was a real story did the job!
    How did you manage to get your lunch and your desk into the cinema?

4. Re: 127 hours 
    Diamond Member
    Er... Um....
    The same way I always do. I break it all down into torrents and download myself in....

5. Re: 127 hours 

man up! ;D

6. Re: 127 hours 
    Platinum Member

Does go to show just how much our 'fragile' bodies can withstand though in desperate circumstances.

If anyone isn't familiar with the story (true story), basic outline is climber on his own, falls dow shaft, arm gets trapped by a rock and he has to amputate it himself after 127 hours of being trapped. Oh, and he only has a cheap penknife that has been extremely blunted from trying to chip away at the rock with it first.

If you have a strong stomach, it's a good film. If you don't, then look away for that part!
    Pussy!
    ;D

7. Re: 127 hours 
    Diamond Member
    Ahem - pussy I am not! lol

I love a gory movie as much as the next freak, but this was just horrible. The thought of snapping your own bones, then hacking through what's left with a rusty, blunt penknife, before finally severing the main nerve is just wrong. Horror films are great when they're not real!

8. Re: 127 hours 
    Ahem - pussy I am not! lol

I love a gory movie as much as the next freak, but this was just horrible. The thought of snapping your own bones, then hacking through what's left with a rusty, blunt penknife, before finally severing the main nerve is just wrong. Horror films are great when they're not real!
    It's called 'real life'!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

You stick to your girlie horror films SF!

Roxy

9. Re: 127 hours 
    Diamond Member
    Hell yeah. Nothing better than some dumb young blonde birgins getting hacked up by burnt maniacs in their sleep! ;D

10. Re: 127 hours 
    Hell yeah. Nothing better than some dumb young blonde birgins getting hacked up by burnt maniacs in their sleep! ;D

Oh so blondes are dumb are they????

Roxy