Notices

Thread: lost data

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: lost data 
    6 Sigma is the application of statistics, "data-driven decision making", and sigma being the phrase used for a standard deviation, taking something to six standard deviations is about as close to perfection as is reasonably possible (1.37 defects per million opportunities I recall) - it's something that I did in a previous life at Caterpillar (making diggers, not boots...) Anovas and T-tests were some of the analyses that we used to do on data that we'd gathered. I remember Anova meaning Analysis of Variants and it was useful to see whether a variable had a significant influence on the outcome of things...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

2. Re: lost data 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    6 Sigma is the application of statistics, "data-driven decision making", and sigma being the phrase used for a standard deviation, taking something to six standard deviations is about as close to perfection as is reasonably possible (1.37 defects per million opportunities I recall) - it's something that I did in a previous life at Caterpillar (making diggers, not boots...) Anovas and T-tests were some of the analyses that we used to do on data that we'd gathered. I remember Anova meaning Analysis of Variants and it was useful to see whether a variable had a significant influence on the outcome of things...

erm, yes..... :-?

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: lost data 
    I was expecting someon to say i was making up words but im glad someone else knows what im talking about!

4. Re: lost data 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    I understand you scotty. 6Sigma was a Big thing here for a while along with 5S's, Kaizan, 8G blah blah blah......
    "the empty can rattles the most!"

https://www.facebook.com/neil.hudd