Notices

Thread: Time please gentlemen

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Time please gentlemen 
    Diamond Member
    The people of Tunisia and Egypt have revolted and the people of Bahrain are engaged in a struggle against their regime as I write. The imperial governments of the USA and the UK have sponsored and supported all three dictators of the aforesaid nations throughout their time in power.

In arguably the most oppressive regimes in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia (US & UK’s bestest buddy) there is real tension on the streets. If it does Kick-off in Saudi Arabia, should we, ‘Stand shoulder to shoulder’ with the US or finally recognise that the sun has set on our empire?

2. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    Platinum Member
    The Saudis are the worlds biggest human rights offenders, bigger than Afghanistan ever were under the Taliban. The Saudis have produced more terrorists, than Iraq/Afghanistan combined a thousand fold. Why are we not in there helping the people to overthrow these despicable regimes? (Rhetorical BTW)

3. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    oh!!!! thought this was about a pub closing :

not interested in what they do....yeah the days of fiddling about internationally and empire are gone...leave it to the portuguese or belgiums to get involved for a change ;D
    I need amusement in my sad life and it looks, very much, like you fit this requirement admirably..............begin the amusement!!!!!

4. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    You know, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn eventually that the CIA have been behind all the recent unrest in North Africa and the Middle East, the septics are always banging on about "democracy" so maybe they figured that encouraging civil unrest and the removal of dictators and totalitarian regimes via the back door, it's in their interests if it can spread as far as Iran and unseat that nutcase Ahmadinejad before the Israelis take matters into their own hands and go in unilaterally to neutralise the nuclear threat, thereby de-stabilising the entire region and initiating a bloodbath...
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

5. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty
    You know, I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn eventually that the CIA have been behind all the recent unrest in North Africa and the Middle East, the septics are always banging on about "democracy" so maybe they figured that encouraging civil unrest and the removal of dictators and totalitarian regimes via the back door, it's in their interests if it can spread as far as Iran and unseat that nutcase Ahmadinejad before the Israelis take matters into their own hands and go in unilaterally to neutralise the nuclear threat, thereby de-stabilising the entire region and initiating a bloodbath...
    We have been chatting about this at work and with the exception of the CIA part causing it all we came to the conclusion that Iran is a good end goal of all this. The problem been at the moment is that if Iran get poked too hard with a stick they would not think twice about taking out someone on the way down, Israel been the one in question.

If that happened, the Israelis would retaliate in a way not seen in a long time. This whole situation is very problematic and unfortunately I dont think it will take much at all for it to go off in a big way with the rest of us HAVING to get involved.

6. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    well we could do without that

7. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    Diamond Member
    This revolution fever is spreading quicker than a bush fire - Libya now. I suspect we have not seen an end to it all yet.

8. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    Diamond Member
    Yet we're still being shafted with £1.30 at the pumps!

9. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    Sad that many see destablisation in the middle east as nothing more than a pain in our pockets when there are 100's of people being hurt in protests and riots and being fired upon by their own countrymen , but as long as its not hitting us too badly at the fuel pump who gives a sh1t?

10. Re: Time please gentlemen 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeTriple
    Sad that many see destablisation in the middle east as nothing more than a pain in our pockets when there are 100's of people being hurt in protests and riots and being fired upon by their own countrymen , but as long as its not hitting us too badly at the fuel pump who gives a sh1t?
    I agree BT. I am not being antagonistic however, merely expressing my honest opinion that the US and UK adnins are more concerned about oil supplies in the Middle East than they are about human rights abuse. If that were not to be the case we would have intervened in Zimbabwe along time ago and saved thousands from dying at the hands of Robert Mugabe. Our government appears to be selective when it comes to protecting the citizens of oppressive regimes.