Notices

Thread: Wiltshire / Somerset Good Food Guide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Wiltshire / Somerset Good Food Guide 
    Kaz and I haven't been out for ages for dinner and we decided to give the Bell at Standerwick a look (between Westbury/Warminster and Bath ) The food was amazing and a nice atmosphere a few carrot crunchers and farmer types but it is Wiltshire after all . A little more pricey than your average pub grub but if you like your foody pubs this is definitely one to give a look x

http://www.thebellstanderwick.co.uk/ is the place.

I just thought it would be a nice idea for a spot to recommend good places to eat out be they good to go on the bike or just out with the woman or man in your life

Also

http://www.yumyumthai.com/ Yumyum Thai near to the Odeon Cinema in Bath is also pretty amazing if you like your Thai food doing a cheap lunchtime menu , normally half the price of the evening meal....

Anymore for anymore .... There must be lots of good food lovers out there , after all theres not many at the H&C with loose fitting leathers More recommendations please x

2. Re: Wiltshire / Somerset Good Food Guide 
    Without meaning to sound like a creep, the food at the h&c is some of the best I've had in a long time..have eaten there a few times now

Also the Thai balcony in bath is awesome
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: Wiltshire / Somerset Good Food Guide 
    Platinum Member
    Thumbs up for The Barge at Seend [smiley=thumbsup.gif] but don't bother with 3 Horse Shoes at Chapmanslade >

4. Re: Wiltshire / Somerset Good Food Guide 
    Platinum Member
    The Riverside Inn at Saltford nr Keynsham does a really nice Sunday carvery if over that way

5. Re: Wiltshire / Somerset Good Food Guide 
    Diamond Member
    The Crown at Ampney Crucis is the best food I have ever eaten. And I've had some nice food! Short of going back out to Italy, it's the best grub available!

And I feel well placed to judge as my leathers are quite tight! ;D ;D ;D

6. Re: Wiltshire / Somerset Good Food Guide 
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline
    Thumbs up for The Barge at Seend [smiley=thumbsup.gif] but don't bother with 3 Horse Shoes at Chapmanslade >
    when did you go to the 3 horseshoes? it has changed hands a few times recently and has gone up and down! my parents live just down the road from there :P

7. Re: Wiltshire / Somerset Good Food Guide 
    I've been impressed by the Hare and Hounds in Corsham - the food is really good! Oh, and luckily it happens to be my local too ;D

Also, Yak Yeti Yak in Bath is great for something a bit different. And Yen Sushi (NOT Yo Sushi) is also very tasty
    100 Japanese horses now unmuzzled! Derestricted hooliganism has commenced...

8. Re: Wiltshire / Somerset Good Food Guide 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    Without meaning to sound like a creep, the food at the h&c is some of the best I've had in a long time..have eaten there a few times now

Also the Thai balcony in bath is awesome
    Creep! ;D

9. Re: Wiltshire / Somerset Good Food Guide 
    Try the Barge in Bradford on Avon, very good food and drink, the Ivy Inn at Heddington near Calne, very good country pub or Pizza Amici in Bradford on Avon... great little Italian, but you must book in advance!
    "there's no aspect, no facet, no moment in life that can't be improved with pizza"

10. Re: Wiltshire / Somerset Good Food Guide 
    Platinum Member
    Hi Hazel, went there for my birthday meal on Saturday night, very basic menu which I thought would be safe but curry with no curry sauce, chips that had been re-heated. I rang our orders in the night before and booked table to eat at 8 oclock and we got served and 9.45. The food was going back as fast as it was coming out I also told them my mothers meal was NO onions as she is alergic and guess what - it came with onion rings >

What do your parents think of it then !!