Notices

Thread: Enough is enough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Enough is enough 
    Diamond Member
    Biggest demo in London for over 8 years yesterday with well over 250 thousand ordinary people taking to the streets. We can fight wars on 3 fronts whilst record youth unemployed home in 'Blighty'. Cuts are too severe - ignore the mood of the nation at your peril Libcons! Power to the people.
    > > >

2. Re: Enough is enough 
    I have to say I voted for Conservatives, and to be honest something had to be done, Labour would leave it longer to sort the problem and after their mammoth spending spree the last four years to try to buy votes do you honestly think they would have done any better?!

This is one of those situations where things are going to get worse before they get better, WHOEVER is in Govt, and no amount of people on marches will change their minds either.

Taken from Full Metal Jacket
    "it's a huge **** sandwich, and we're all gonna have to take a bite"

3. Re: Enough is enough 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noisy_lightning
    I have to say I voted for Conservatives, and to be honest something had to be done, Labour would leave it longer to sort the problem and after their mammoth spending spree the last four years to try to buy votes do you honestly think they would have done any better?!

This is one of those situations where things are going to get worse before they get better, WHOEVER is in Govt, and no amount of people on marches will change their minds either.

Dave, people taking to the streets over the unpopular 'Poll Tax' ended the reign of the 'Iron Lady' [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

4. Re: Enough is enough 
    [/quote]

None for me thanks, i've already eaten

5. Re: Enough is enough 
    Platinum Member
    Yep I enjoyed the day, it is good to voice your frustration, I've not had this sort of a vibe about people hating the government since the days of Maggie. In my humble opinion there is a lot more than public sector cuts they could do to claw money back.

6. Re: Enough is enough 
    Quote Originally Posted by monday21
    [quote author=noisy_lightning link=1301221184/1#1 date=1301221666]I have to say I voted for Conservatives, and to be honest something had to be done, Labour would leave it longer to sort the problem and after their mammoth spending spree the last four years to try to buy votes do you honestly think they would have done any better?!

Dave, people taking to the streets over the unpopular 'Poll Tax' ended the reign of the 'Iron Lady' [smiley=thumbsup.gif][/quote]

I like it as little as the next person, but been in the Armed Forces am not allowed to voice such opinions. I am subject to the two year pay freeze that everyone else in the public sector is on as well, along with all the cuts etc its not a secure job at the moment and we are just waiting to see which trades are going to be hit.

What though is the alternative? If they hit the banks they will leave the UK for another country who wont tax them to high hell, if they hit the wealthy they will up sticks and move to another country also. If Labour had not sold everything they owned over the last decade we wouldnt be so badly off now, gold reserves been a perfect example.

Only thing I can think of is stop the massive contributions to the EU, stop giving other countries aid when they dont need it (India has a damn space program and we are funding them still, same with China!) and get a damn grip on the state spongers who are raping the welfare system. But lets be realistic though, the amount of Civil Servants who do absolutely NOTHING and get paid healthy for it is shocking, yes its bad they are hitting the public sector, but if my experience of some of the jobs is to go by then they need not have the job there at all considering what they actually achieve!

7. Re: Enough is enough 
    Vote Hunar
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

8. Re: Enough is enough 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ_Biker
    Yep I enjoyed the day, it is good to voice your frustration, I've not had this sort of a vibe about people hating the government since the days of Maggie. In my humble opinion there is a lot more than public sector cuts they could do to claw money back.
    FJ, did you attend the demo, I intended to go, but I had to work at the last moment. If you are going on the next one give me a shout - perhaps we could go together on our bikes. My daughter left school with 4 A levels nearly a year ago and she is still unemployed. She has applied for many jobs, but prospective employers keep telling her she is over qualified. My Dad is dying and the care he has received is nothing short of a bloody disgrace. I am sick and tired of being told, “We are all in this together.” Why should the ordinary person sit back and take it on the chin while the Energy suppliers, Bankers, Oil Companies’ etc keep raking in obscene profits.

9. Re: Enough is enough 
    Platinum Member
    redken1 wrote

FJ, did you attend the demo, I intended to go, but I had to work at the last moment. If you are going on the next one give me a shout - perhaps we could go together on our bikes. My daughter left school with 4 A levels nearly a year ago and she is still unemployed. She has applied for many jobs, but prospective employers keep telling her she is over qualified. My Dad is dying and the care he has received is nothing short of a bloody disgrace. I am sick and tired of being told, “We are all in this together.” Why should the ordinary person sit back and take it on the chin while the Energy suppliers, Bankers, Oil Companies’ etc keep raking in obscene profits.
    Ken I went to the demo, the union in work kindly provided free transport from Swindon. I feel sorry for young people trying to get work and like you have suffered trying to get decent care for family members it is a disgrace they spend all their lives working for this country to get treated like this.

I will let you know when the next march is, I am thinking of doing one of the occupations for a while now one Saturday from this site http://www.ukuncut.org.uk/ I am just getting hacked off with big business not paying its fair share of tax if interested please let me know.

Thanks Taff

10. Re: Enough is enough 
    Ten year's ago my work was about 90% UK, 10% overseas. Now it's almost the exact reverse as more and more businesses relocate overseas due to the high UK corporation taxes and high UK wages.

I can move a company's tax domicile in a few days. Nothing changes except the company pays significantly less taxes.

The same goes for the good earners. They don't need to be in the UK paying 60% PAYE & NICs, 20% VAT, 50% Inheritance Tax and so on if they can work in the sun and keep more of their earnings.

Higher taxes does not correct broken finances. Never has, never will.

Now show me the way to the protests outside Brown's house and I'll be there. Against all advice and in the face of centuries of clear cyclical / inflationary cycles this dangerous man knew better and not only sold half our nation's true worth around $275/oz but he made the BOE announce it beforehand. Selling at the bottom of the cycle and announcing it to make sure he got rock bottom price. The sale realised $3.54bn in fiat currency (USD).

Since then USD has devalued to toilet paper and this morning spot gold is $1430/oz - the gold we used to own is now worth $18.4bn.

How many hospitals, schools, jobs would that have built / saved? Where are the protests? Why has he not been thrown in jail?

Maybe it's ok max-ing out the credit card if you have a means of paying it back. The most financially and economically illiterate chancellor this country has ever known had no way of paying off the bills he racked up buying votes. A dangerous man ultimately responsible for costing tens of thousands of jobs in this country. Probably forever.

Just another way of looking at it

I'm all for the demo's by the way. Gives both the people and the police the chance to blow off some steam. Also (as you'll note from previous posts) I am firmly anti-banker etc. I am staggered that not a single banker in either the US or the UK has been thrown in jail for causing the biggest financial collapse in history. When you have a global ponzi scheme protected by politicians nothing will ever change. Demo's are just pissing in the wind so far as that goes.