Notices

Thread: Dead pressure washer

1. Dead pressure washer 
    Banned
    The Karcher at work just died on me recently. If you've seen my bike you'll know I'm not one for washing stuff often, so I don't know a great deal about them tbh. Was running then died like a fuse had gone. Plug fuse still ok. Took the outer cover off it and the motor shaft still spins freely. It did leave little oily spots around as I used it before dunno if that's normal. Is it worth me taking it apart further??

2. Re: Dead pressure washer 
    Platinum Member
    Reset button?

Get a new one on works insurance?

3. Re: Dead pressure washer 
    Diamond Member
    What model is it ?
    If it's commercial / industrial (HD or HDS prefix) I can help, will PM you my engineers contact details now.

If it's a domestic type, it may be worth calling Karcher's Domestic Helpline on 01295 752000.

Cheers
    G

4. Re: Dead pressure washer 
    Had this happen to me once - diagnosed it to a blockage in the hose...

Test: Disconnect the hose from the machine... run water through it from the tap... is water coming out the other end at an expected rate..? If not - that's your problem...

5. Re: Dead pressure washer 
    Quite often the pressure switch, it pops up when pressure builds and turns off the motor.

It's usually on the front of the small k1/2 or 3 series, part of the main switch

6. Re: Dead pressure washer 
    Banned
    Thanks G just sent you a pm before I read the thread but that covers it already

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry
    What model is it ?
    If it's commercial / industrial (HD or HDS prefix) I can help, will PM you my engineers contact details now.

If it's a domestic type, it may be worth calling Karcher's Domestic Helpline on 01295 752000.

Cheers
    G

7. Re: Dead pressure washer 
    Banned
    I think the water into it is ok, tried it just off the shortest run of hose I had, and it will still spray a little with the trigger in just from the tap pressure I guess, defo no motor springing to life.

Can't spot a pressure switch on the front, it's a K2.56 just looks like normal on off to me. Will give the Karcher no Gerry had a call tomorrow!!

Thanks folks

8. Re: Dead pressure washer 
    Open the power box and take the switch out, there will be a plunger operating power switch, wd40 can fix it if it's just sticking. Diagram 1 shows the switch.

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/kar...389_33586.html